Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-06-2016, 06:34 PM   #1
pingpangdang

Ocean fishing no license required...if you dive for shellfish etc you need a license. She couldn't find anything on size requirements....makes sense if their is no license.

Rivers and lakes is a daily fee.

She didn't find any sites worthy as of yet.

The base used to have a game warden...iwakuni used to have its own license for military only....probably used the money to support recreational facilities etc. If they are still there I'd swing by.

Japan doesn't have the many regulations we are used to unless you are a Comercial fisherman. She found a lot of stuff in regards to those guys.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk
pingpangdang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2016, 12:33 AM   #2
LawDog

Quote:
Originally Posted by pingpangdang View Post
Ocean fishing no license required...if you dive for shellfish etc you need a license. She couldn't find anything on size requirements....makes sense if their is no license.

Rivers and lakes is a daily fee.

She didn't find any sites worthy as of yet.

The base used to have a game warden...iwakuni used to have its own license for military only....probably used the money to support recreational facilities etc. If they are still there I'd swing by.

Japan doesn't have the many regulations we are used to unless you are a Comercial fisherman. She found a lot of stuff in regards to those guys.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk
Thanks a lot for the research. It seems like you are required to keep everything you catch here. I guess that's one law I will have to bend.

*Update...
My trusty Trident 15 Just arrived. I literally feel like a drug addict going through withdraws. Time to put some time on the water. Not many Americans fish here. A few have a 15 year old Zebco they bust out and sling with a bobber, but few (if any) put serious effort into this sport. I need to learn Japanese.

Last edited by LawDog; 08-21-2016 at 12:41 AM.
LawDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2016, 02:51 AM   #3
Dave Legacy

There's a member here that I don't think has posted in a while, but I know him from another forum, "lowprofile". Last I heard he and another guy I know are stationed out your way and doing a ton of fishing working weekends on a sportfishing boat and stuff. You might try to shoot him a PM; Dude is really serious about fishing. Come to think of it I think he's in Okinawa, but maybe he's still got some useful info to get you started.
Dave Legacy is offline   Reply With Quote