Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-12-2010, 07:49 PM   #21
deepdvr

Think again

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronbo613 View Post
Personally, I don't think a shark is going to try and eat a 13' piece of plastic when there are so many sea lions for dinner.

A number of attacks on Hobies (red seems to be the color of choice)

BATTLE-SCARRED KAYAK TELLS THE TOOTHY TALE – Relieved Concord resident Dan Prather displays the damage caused to his kayak by a suspected great white shark. Prather was fishing a mile from Bean Hollow State Beach on Saturday when he was knocked into the water by a violent impact from below. After a harrowing few moments watching the shark chew on his boat, the uninjured Prather regained his seat and sprinted for the safety of the beach.

deepdvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 11:11 PM   #22
Whizz Bang

Band Camp

And this one time I was at band camp..... OK it must be real....or reel....these guys dont F$%K around they are all legit from the North Cal posse. They are drug tested every WEEK!!! Just to make sure nobody is doin nothin that is not grown locally! And in case you didnt notice there is NO difference between dose guys in da kayaks and dat fin..........nobody is movin nowheres.....

If this is REAL.... My apologies, and my congratulations on catching a GWS sleeping motionless on the water, and amongst all of you.....truly special.>>>>>>>>>>FU($.... would somebody post another WSB report!!! I am stuck in Wyoming, chasing tiny salmonoids.......HELP!!!!!

Last edited by Whizz Bang; 07-12-2010 at 11:25 PM.
Whizz Bang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 11:33 PM   #23
bigbarrels

Quote:
Originally Posted by FISHIONADO View Post
I'm not calling BS, just interesting that a 20' shark didn't disturb the water at all.

the shark was playing freeze frame as well

However, there are some big predators in the ocean that probably see a kayak like one nice Rapala
bigbarrels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 12:22 AM   #24
Gino

could be a Basking shark fin... witch is the only shark with that sorta shape of fin.

It aint to great white.
Gino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 05:46 AM   #25
dsafety
Olivenhain Bob

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepdvr View Post
A number of attacks on Hobies (red seems to be the color of choice)

BATTLE-SCARRED KAYAK TELLS THE TOOTHY TALE – Relieved Concord resident Dan Prather displays the damage caused to his kayak by a suspected great white shark. Prather was fishing a mile from Bean Hollow State Beach on Saturday when he was knocked into the water by a violent impact from below. After a harrowing few moments watching the shark chew on his boat, the uninjured Prather regained his seat and sprinted for the safety of the beach.

Do you think this would be covered by the Hobie warranty?

Bob
dsafety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 06:27 AM   #26
umtduckhead

wow.. thats awesome.. looks like they took the pic and the fin was on the back side of a little swell.
umtduckhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 11:36 AM   #27
Fiskadoro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed View Post
Basking shark..Very cool..
Fiskadoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 11:38 AM   #28
Grego

Dang fin looks as big as Mt. Zion. Those dog gone Fly'n Elvis's from Utah reverting to scaring us into the polygamist way!!
Grego is offline   Reply With Quote