Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-18-2021, 03:54 AM   #1
MITCHELL
Sea Hunter

Location: Where ever I may roam where I lay my head I call home.
Send a message via AIM to MITCHELL
Beaver 🦫 cove to the Owen's River delta.

Lake Crowley. Cost me $150 for 5days camping plus fishing, but only fished 3 days. You'll only allowed to camp for 5 day limit. East side of lake is BLM land free camping, but I think you still have to pay to fish. All the other Sierra lakes were free. Correct me if I'm wrong. After 5 days I left and came back for 2 more days and one day fishing. The ranger at the front gate told me there expecting high winds and the landing canceled all private charters. Which I was thankful for. I figured if I got blown off the water I could just camp and wait it out. I bought a canvas trap with me to sleep on and protect me from the sun, but didn't need it cause I made it back. Worse white caps I ever had my canoe in, knocking my trolling motor loose, struggling to get it back on the bracket, it was easier just to lay it down in the back of my canoe. Thank goodness for my dagger keel holding me straight. Had it got any worse I would have beach it. I hunged the shore line and made it back. Hope you injoy the pictures it's a mix of a 5days plus return trip of 2 days. Only wish I would have took some pictures of the white caps, but my hands were occupied trying to hold her straight in the wind. I released all trout. The water was green and not to clear as I was trolling I came up on something big on the surface the size of a big dachshund, I thought it was a carp. But after a Google search, there are no carp in Crowley...only thing it could be is a double digit brown trout
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20210804_204159.jpg (45.1 KB, 90 views)
File Type: jpg 20210805_055443.jpg (66.8 KB, 92 views)