Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-10-2015, 11:53 AM   #1
chris138
donkey roper

Large White Shark in La Jolla 08-08-15

Forget the makos and hammers...

Did anyone else see the extremely large white shark eviscerating a sea lion in 150' of water near the corner on Saturday? I literally had to do a triple take, and even still I don't really believe what I saw. At first I thought is was a killer whale. I had one other guy with me who had just caught a nice YT and he said, "hey look there's a shark" I then saw what looked like at least a 15 footer demolishing a sea lion and a giant cloud of blood. The shark hit the dog national geographic style, like 5 times in a row. So gnarly. Normally I would try to get in close and get a picture but this really was pretty scary. It was about 8 or 9am. I'm hoping the guy with the YT will see this and back me up here.
chris138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2015, 12:12 PM   #2
flemdogg
Island Blood

Pest Control
Old 08-10-2015, 12:18 PM   #3
Zed
BANNED

Standing O.
Old 08-10-2015, 12:25 PM   #4
Lipripper92592

YES.....we need some more of that! Hopefully the area will clear up for a few days, sick of that one "harbor" seal that just holds onto your bait....waiting for you to yank the hook out and give him a free meal. Hope it was him that got blasted......
Lipripper92592 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2015, 12:43 PM   #5
ironcross6921

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lipripper92592 View Post
YES.....we need some more of that! Hopefully the area will clear up for a few days, sick of that one "harbor" seal that just holds onto your bait....waiting for you to yank the hook out and give him a free meal. Hope it was him that got blasted......
It wasn't, ran into your "buddy" two times yesterday, and your right he/she just holds it like saying "your move next buddy".
ironcross6921 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2015, 01:01 PM   #6
Zed
BANNED

Well that sucks. Ive taken the harbor seals side saying sea lions are the problem. Tsk, bad pinniped. I blame the seal lady for the childrens pool fiasco too. Its easier and shes louder.
Old 08-10-2015, 01:21 PM   #7
Big Wave Dave

I saw an extremely large shark fin gliding by that same area the other day. I didn't turn around to follow it.
Big Wave Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2015, 03:27 PM   #8
sdfishin..alex
Banned

Gws

I hooked into one yesterday about 8 ft broke the line real quick...there's a lot of sharks out in the water right now
sdfishin..alex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2015, 04:32 PM   #9
DanaPT

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdfishin..alex View Post
I hooked into one yesterday about 8 ft broke the line real quick...there's a lot of sharks out in the water right now
Out in the water right now is where the good eats are. Here is to each of us not being mistaken for a seal.
DanaPT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2015, 05:24 PM   #10
HobieScot

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanaPT View Post
Out in the water right now is where the good eats are. Here is to each of us not being mistaken for a seal.
Amen!
HobieScot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2015, 05:30 PM   #11
Ohiostreetz

Went out today and was fighting sealions all day for bait. Went out to the nwc didn't see any sharks though it was like a lake out there but no fish. I was hoping to hear a report of someone getting lucky.
Ohiostreetz is offline   Reply With Quote