Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-13-2017, 09:14 PM   #41
chris138
donkey roper

Quote:
Originally Posted by FISH11 View Post

Hi Chris, I have the same problem with the 7TI. When I had the 5TI the 1" ram mount was fine, but now with the 7TI a hard bump or a wave over the bow on launches and the Fish Finder tilts towards me, no matter how hard I tighten the mount handle. Did you just switch out the ball on the deck to a 1 1/2" and leave the 1" on the Fish Finder head end. I love your screen shots. Super detail, it always annoys me when I see those same screen shots and have the bait right in the middle of it and there are no takers. It is so easy to tell that those are large fish and likely yellow tail but just don't go for the nice mac on your line. I guess I got a little spoiled by the bite the past couple of years, all you had to do was troll a mac in the area of the bait clouds and WHAM!. Thanks for sharing. Mark
No I had to buy the 1.5" ball to attach to the back of the unit. Plus side is that the 1.5" ball double ended socket is longer and it reaches up towards me more which makes it easier to keep tinkering with.

There are still flyline fish to be had in the winter... but typically they are the smaller models.
chris138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2017, 06:30 PM   #42
YTHunter
Carlisle

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris138 View Post
No I had to buy the 1.5" ball to attach to the back of the unit. Plus side is that the 1.5" ball double ended socket is longer and it reaches up towards me more which makes it easier to keep tinkering with.

There are still flyline fish to be had in the winter... but typically they are the smaller models.
Great post Chris! I too have a 7TI and quickly found that the 1" RAM ball mount was not large enough. Initially I planned on getting the 1.5" RAM universal mounting plate to mount to the stock Lowrance mount but found out that they have an adapter that allows you to bypass the stock Lowance mount altogether and mount directly to the back of the FF. The mount has a 1.5" ball on one end and the other end plugs directly into the mounting slot on the back of the fishfinder body. I'm guessing this is the same approach Chris took.

I know you can get them at Fastlane but I think OEX has them also.
YTHunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2017, 12:57 PM   #43
Clickityclack
Junior

Thanks for a great post! You mention that lowering the Khz allows you to see more to the sides and front and back. I have always wondered how to interpred front/back/left/right based on what's on the screen. Any suggestions? Thanks!
Clickityclack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2017, 08:04 PM   #44
Geno Machino
"Relax"

Nice, Very Nice

Get post Chris! This is what I like about BWE and the kayak community.

Geno
Old 01-15-2017, 08:30 PM   #45
chris138
donkey roper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clickityclack View Post
Thanks for a great post! You mention that lowering the Khz allows you to see more to the sides and front and back. I have always wondered how to interpred front/back/left/right based on what's on the screen. Any suggestions? Thanks!
There is a way to tell roughly when you are displaying dual frequencies. Essentially if you see both frequencies with equal strength of return, then you know the object is directly beneath you because it is in both cones.

While drifting or paddling, you can use that fact to decipher roughly, but this is a very advanced technique and difficult to explain in a thread post. Start watching you tube videos... there's lots of good ones.
Old 01-15-2017, 08:32 PM   #46
chris138
donkey roper

Quote:
Originally Posted by YTHunter View Post
Great post Chris! I too have a 7TI and quickly found that the 1" RAM ball mount was not large enough. Initially I planned on getting the 1.5" RAM universal mounting plate to mount to the stock Lowrance mount but found out that they have an adapter that allows you to bypass the stock Lowance mount altogether and mount directly to the back of the FF. The mount has a 1.5" ball on one end and the other end plugs directly into the mounting slot on the back of the fishfinder body. I'm guessing this is the same approach Chris took.

I know you can get them at Fastlane but I think OEX has them also.
Correct... I bought the lowrance clip with the ball on it so you don't have to use the stock base thing. I think I got it at OEX MB.
Old 01-16-2017, 05:37 PM   #47
Mike scales

Sweeeeeet!
Old 01-17-2017, 10:00 AM   #48
RK

Love it!!!!! The best way to rope em.....
RK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2017, 11:35 AM   #49
chris138
donkey roper

Even sweeter to rope that pig right in front of the -scallywag-

Although he had a good morning himself...
Old 01-17-2017, 01:19 PM   #50
SDROB
Malibu Stealth 12

This was a sick report! Im glad to see you guys on some fish.... Well deserved.

I'm telling ya, you have to keep these suckers on a game clip until just before you drop them in the frying pan.(Rossman)
SDROB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2017, 04:57 PM   #51
summers in kuwait

Quality

Great post Chris! Some solid info.
summers in kuwait is offline   Reply With Quote