Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion

Old 04-01-2014, 10:45 AM   #21
janines.fishtales@cox.net

It was a foggy day in the bay...

You know you guys have it so Ez. When you have to pee, you just unzip and let him rip! It has always been a challenge for me to pee from the yak. So it was really foggy that day, and I really had to go. Of course it was cold so I had on my neoprene waders on. So after mustering up the courage to pull them down, no ez task on a Revo, and after looking all around me numerous times, I manage to get the waders down, and just as I squat over the mirage drive hole, my big white ass flapping in the wind, HOOOOOONNNNKKK, HOOONNNNKKK!!! goes the big gray navy ship! At least they waved to me!

Janine

Old 04-01-2014, 10:56 AM   #22
ful-rac
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by janines.fishtales@cox.net View Post
You know you guys have it so Ez. When you have to pee, you just unzip and let him rip! It has always been a challenge for me to pee from the yak. So it was really foggy that day, and I really had to go. Of course it was cold so I had on my neoprene waders on. So after mustering up the courage to pull them down, no ez task on a Revo, and after looking all around me numerous times, I manage to get the waders down, and just as I squat over the mirage drive hole, my big white ass flapping in the wind, HOOOOOONNNNKKK, HOOONNNNKKK!!! goes the big gray navy ship! At least they waved to me!

Janine

OHHHHH NNNONNOOOOOO!!!!!!! !
Old 04-01-2014, 10:56 AM   #23
Dannowar

Lol
Old 04-01-2014, 11:38 AM   #24
Amish Ed

This was embarrassing, but could've gone real bad...
I was at Baby Beach in DP waiting for Landwhale. He called to say he was running really late. So, I decided to pack up my gear and go get breakfast. I went up Golden Lantern, turned onto PCH, and when I slowed down to pull into McDonalds my kayak shot off the roof racks. Turns out I had forgot to retie down my kayak. Talk about the loading of shame. Plus, I got a dent in my hood and beveled the nose of the yak. Needless to say, I'm kinda paranoid about my kayak falling off now, and this happened years ago.
Old 04-01-2014, 12:16 PM   #25
ChristLike
Catch and Release(#2)

Here ya go Janine, the m and F hobiewan's, no more waving the white flag to the destroyers lol. run the hose down the leg

Quote:

Janine

Philippians 4:13
I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me

Caddiyak PA14
ChristLike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 12:33 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristLike View Post
Here ya go Janine, the m and F hobiewan's, no more waving the white flag to the destroyers lol. run the hose down the leg
OMG! That is awesome. Hobiewan? Is that what I should look up?

Janine
Old 04-01-2014, 01:21 PM   #27
ChristLike
Catch and Release(#2)

Its a BWE exclusive product. only $399. $394 because it has hobie in the name $5 actual cost. I just made that one for you. PM to order haha
I use it all winter long
Quote:
OMG! That is awesome. Hobiewan? Is that what I should look up?

Janine

Caddiyak PA14
Old 04-01-2014, 06:09 PM   #28
ChristLike
Catch and Release(#2)

Hahahahaha. I remember my dad saying Boy if your head wasn't attached to your neck, you would forget it or leave it somewhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by todd one View Post
I loaded my rods and gear in the car, drove down to the bay to realize I never loaded the kayak on the car.

Caddiyak PA14
Old 04-01-2014, 07:17 PM   #29

Quote:
Hahahahaha. I remember my dad saying Boy if your head wasn't attached to your neck, you would forget it or leave it somewhere
Oh you...

j
Old 04-02-2014, 02:30 PM   #30
todd one

Quote:
Luckily, I only lived 10 minutes from the bay at the time.
todd one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 10:49 AM   #31
wade

We went to Point Loma the other day to hang out with one of my good buddies & test out his ten buck Ghost Shrimp gun special from Squidco.
It worked great!..

My bare foot on some razors almost slicing off my toe right under the knuckle fold splitting it like a grape...not so much..

wade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 11:00 AM   #32
momo fish

Ouch! Now how was that ghost pump? Any good cause mine just took a dump.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
momo fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 12:16 PM   #33
Cadillyak
Team Get $$

Here goes nothing

Humm, let's see, I have so many.

1. Maiden voyage last year, I didn't know how to prime my bait tank at the time, so I decided to hang it over the side and get some water in it to "get the pump going." My bait tank filled too much and I almost flipped my PA. Had water coming over the side, but was able to right myself before flipping in calm 8ft. bay water. Who says PA's can't be flipped. Leave it to me.

2. Same voyage, I lost my 400TE setup but have no idea how. I just reached back to my rod holders and I was minus one rod. Note to self, rod leashes don't work in the hatches.

3. Later that same day, I am on my way in, and make a final cast towards shore. I overshoot my target and my swimbait is stuck on the shore between some rocks. I was crusing pretty good so while trying to free my rig, I couldn't. Didn't have a knife handy and I was using straight braid. In the drink I go, and have to float my yak to shore in one hand and my rod in another.

Learned a lot that day!!

I didn't skunk, so that's what matters.
Cadillyak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 12:34 PM   #34
alanw
Made in U.S.A.

From one of my previous threads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by alanw View Post
I paddled into the wind towards the headlands and found some kelp beds along the way. I fished the kelp for a while and got a few bites but pulled up only half my baits each time.

Started paddling into the wind again looking for more kelp but it seemed a hard paddle. I was complaining about how hard the Stealth is to paddle upwind when I noticed my pole in the rod holder behind me was bent over, and the reel was just about spooled. I spent the next 15 minutes backtracking, untangling kelp, and retrieving about 200 yards of line that was caught up in the previous kelp bed I was at

Well no fish on Sunday but I got a good workout
Malibu Stealth-12 ¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸><(((º>

Its not a spelling B its a fishing B ~yakjoe
alanw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 04:57 PM   #35

wow!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cadillyak View Post
Humm, let's see, I have so many.

1. Maiden voyage last year, I didn't know how to prime my bait tank at the time, so I decided to hang it over the side and get some water in it to "get the pump going." My bait tank filled too much and I almost flipped my PA. Had water coming over the side, but was able to right myself before flipping in calm 8ft. bay water. Who says PA's can't be flipped. Leave it to me.

2. Same voyage, I lost my 400TE setup but have no idea how. I just reached back to my rod holders and I was minus one rod. Note to self, rod leashes don't work in the hatches.

3. Later that same day, I am on my way in, and make a final cast towards shore. I overshoot my target and my swimbait is stuck on the shore between some rocks. I was crusing pretty good so while trying to free my rig, I couldn't. Didn't have a knife handy and I was using straight braid. In the drink I go, and have to float my yak to shore in one hand and my rod in another.

Learned a lot that day!!

I didn't skunk, so that's what matters.
The Titanic! We have all been there! Kayak fishing is NOT like any other fishing. It is challenging and takes a knack!

J
Old 04-04-2014, 06:57 PM   #36
ChristLike
Catch and Release(#2)

Dont Ice Fish on a hobie

So umm yesterday 4/3 I decided to take out this kid from my neighborhood fishing. Trying to do the big bro help a kid out type thing. I think hes 9 or 10yo. We got out in the water and everything was fine. Few hours past caught a few small fish, bass and mackerel. I could tell he was getting bored, so im like are you ready to go, he goes yea I guess. As im getting everything ready to go he goes hey let me check out your rod man, im like ok sure it had a swim bait on it no biggie whatever right. Wrong! I had my head down not paying attention and he goes have you ever been ice fishing, im like no( where did that come from im thinking) Then I hear oh shoot oh shooot im like what the heck, I look up and that lil ##$$%&%&$ had dropped that swim bait down the mirage drive hole like he was ice fishing and something hit it. My favorite pole is bent over in that hole then Snap! My heart sank. Pole breaks against the kayak
that lil beep beep beep beep beep!!! goes whoa man that was cool im not ready to go im not ready to go. I felt like such a dingbat lol. I had 4 other poles and I gave him my favorite. I cant be mad though, he was just being 10

At what age is it to old to cry

Caddiyak PA14

Last edited by ChristLike; 04-04-2014 at 07:26 PM.
Old 04-04-2014, 07:47 PM   #37
Cadillyak
Team Get $$

Quote:
So umm yesterday 4/3 I decided to take out this kid from my neighborhood fishing. Trying to do the big bro help a kid out type thing. I think hes 9 or 10yo. We got out in the water and everything was fine. Few hours past caught a few small fish, bass and mackerel. I could tell he was getting bored, so im like are you ready to go, he goes yea I guess. As im getting everything ready to go he goes hey let me check out your rod man, im like ok sure it had a swim bait on it no biggie whatever right. Wrong! I had my head down not paying attention and he goes have you ever been ice fishing, im like no( where did that come from im thinking) Then I hear oh shoot oh shooot im like what the heck, I look up and that lil ##$$%&%&$ had dropped that swim bait down the mirage drive hole like he was ice fishing and something hit it. My favorite pole is bent over in that hole then Snap! My heart sank. Pole breaks against the kayak
that lil beep beep beep beep beep!!! goes whoa man that was cool im not ready to go im not ready to go. I felt like such a dingbat lol. I had 4 other poles and I gave him my favorite. I cant be mad though, he was just being 10

At what age is it to old to cry
Damn. Couldn't make up a story like that!
Cadillyak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2018, 11:14 AM   #38
ChristLike
Catch and Release(#2)

Surely we have new stories

Caddiyak PA14
Old 01-03-2018, 02:28 PM   #39
goldenglory18

I rarely bottom fish off the yak, and its the last Rockfish day of the season, so I decided I was going to try and soak some shrimp all day in 35' of water. Drag it around and possibly catch some stray rocks or maybe some of those famous MDR Hali's.

Well, I drift to my favorite Calico hole, grab my 2oz swimbait stick, load up for a cast and CRASH. I 100% catch my bottom rig that I forgot about on the back cast. I lose a guide on my bottom rod, get the worst birds next I've ever seen on my swimbait reel, lose about 50 yards of brand new braid and $10 lure that was unrecoverable.

You'd think after all these years I'd have this figured out. But NOOOOOO......
goldenglory18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2018, 03:45 PM   #40
kirkdavis

Pole bump

A few months ago my older brother came out from Colorado to go fishing with me. I was in my Outback, and he's in my older "Mirage". We're doing pretty good catching rock fish and Dogfish sharks. I try to come alongside to give him more bait or something, and my angle of approach wasn't quite right. My bow hit him right behind the seat, and right below one of the rod holders. I watched helplessly as my bow neatly snagged the reel on one of my poles and neatly lifted the rig out of the holder and dropped it into the deep.
Oops! Luckily it was not a pricey rod and reel. It was one my brother had picked up for a song back in Colorado. People move there with ocean rigs, then sell them for cheap when they realize that Colorado does't have an ocean.
kirkdavis is offline   Reply With Quote