Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-08-2016, 05:35 AM   #1
SMartin

I need your vote, Please!!!

I am one of five finalist of a grant through Hobkey Adventure Grants. This adventure would allow me the once in a life-time chance to canoe up the Amazon River. Please go here....http://www.hobkey.com/grant/ and scroll down to "Which canoeing adventure do you like the most?" click on The Amazon Adventure and hit submit. I can only win if I get the most votes. I have been away and did not get the email until this morning letting me know I am a finalist so I am behind in votes and currently in 4th place so, vote early and often, PLEASE!
SMartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2016, 06:11 AM   #2
jruiz
Large Member

I actually took the time to read all the adventures and what would help your case specific to winning votes from this forum is developing your idea beyond my brother and I talk about wanting to go to the amazon a lot. Alot of the other nominees build a case by mentioning things like raising awareness to keep waterways open. Demonstrate that your prepared and have at least some vague idea as to what to expect.
jruiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2016, 08:24 AM   #3
SMartin

I understand. I did not know that they were going to post what I wrote to them. I thought that if reviewed and chosen that I would have to write an itinerary or plan that would then be posted and voted on so, yah, it's week. This is a loose plan. More details will be worked out if chosen.

My brother and I would fly into Ecuador and hire a local guide to take us into the Amazon River. Ideally, we would use a local boat or dugout. We will live directly off the jungle using blowguns to hunt and hand lines to fish. We will only be packing bare essentials and possibly water if our guide tells us it's necessary. We will be fully relying on the jungle and river and will use netted hammocks for sleeping. Basically it is an item from a bucket list I would like to come to reality. There isn't a conservation angle but, will be bringing awareness through my online journaling and also bringing awareness about PTSD.
Old 06-08-2016, 08:56 AM   #4
Kayak_Bernie
Live Watersports ProStaff

Amazon Trip

So I realize that this is more than likely a long shot, BUT if you are interested in a trip to the Amazon, one of my best friends runs and ecotourism business in Manaus ( at the confluence of the Rio Negro, and the Rio Solimoes) this is where the most of the trips depart and go up stream in the Rio Negro looking for adventure and BIG peacock bass. If you are interested in more information let me know. Good Luck!!!

Safety Director
Kayak_Bernie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2016, 08:59 AM   #5
jruiz
Large Member

You earned my vote with the blow guns.
jruiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2016, 12:56 PM   #6
Denis_Ruso

Quote:
Originally Posted by jruiz View Post
You earned my vote with the blow guns.
X2 You had me at Blow and Guns

I do not fear the storm as it will teach me how to sail my ship.
Denis_Ruso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2016, 03:04 AM   #7
SMartin

I would definitely be interested in there information. PM me a link or contact information and if I win, he may be able to help with the final planning. By the way, as of this morning I have moved into first place. Hopefully, we'll keep up the forward momentum for another 29 days. If you do social media, please ask for there cooperation. Thanks to all who voted and to any future voters. At least it's a better vote that the Presidential candidates.
Old 06-09-2016, 03:05 AM   #8
SMartin

Hell, Blow and Guns sounds much better than Blowguns. That's how they roll in SA
Old 06-09-2016, 09:31 AM   #9
M4TT

voted.

but you definitely need to bring a few go pros for the blowgun hunting and hand-line fishing.

good luck!
M4TT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2016, 12:28 AM   #10
maquinapescado

my two cents

Attached Images
File Type: jpg unicorn sex.jpg (56.6 KB, 18 views)