Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Buy, Sell, or Trade Kayak Fishing Gear
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-19-2013, 08:13 PM   #1
Honcho

Elite 5 FF LOWRANCE -- $350

Upgraded to a Elite 7DSI so I am now selling the the ELITE 5 FF. I had the unit for a little over a year and it has been washed after every outing. The 83/200 transducer is brand new and has never been used.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (54.4 KB, 165 views)

Last edited by Honcho; 07-19-2013 at 09:17 PM.
Honcho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 09:13 PM   #2
CR Yaker

I'm looking for an Elite 5, was holding out for a big sale this fall from the already low prices available. Not to knock your price but this unit is available for $359.40, free shipping, full one year warranty right now at Digital Oasis. I'm thinking we might see below $300 this fall.
I am interested in saving a buck, but $350 is a bit high for a used unit, no warranty.
Mark
CR Yaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 09:23 PM   #3
Honcho

Quote:
Originally Posted by CR Yaker View Post
I'm looking for an Elite 5, was holding out for a big sale this fall from the already low prices available. Not to knock your price but this unit is available for $359.40, free shipping, full one year warranty right now at Digital Oasis. I'm thinking we might see below $300 this fall.
I am interested in saving a buck, but $350 is a bit high for a used unit, no warranty.
Mark
Appreciate the info Mark. I bought the unit ~$499.00 year and half ago. I agree I wouldn't buy it for $350 either. How much would you pay for a gently used unit?
Old 07-19-2013, 09:42 PM   #4
CR Yaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honcho View Post
Appreciate the info Mark. I bought the unit ~$499.00 year and half ago. I agree I wouldn't buy it for $350 either. How much would you pay for a gently used unit?
Understandable, these FF change quick in updates/prices. My biggest concern with a used unit would be the following, did it get dunked in the salt water. Reason being, even though they are supposed to be water proof, these units are known for getting water through the micro SD card slot. Hopefully you sealed this opening before any unforeseen role in the sea.
With the premise that the unit didn't see any salt water leakage and being it is out of warranty. I'd do half of what you asking shipping included here in U.S. If you don't get any better offers, let me know, I'm looking to buy this unit before I return to Costa Rica this fall.
Good luck
P.S. I've now set the basement price for ya.
Old 07-19-2013, 10:22 PM   #5
Honcho

Quote:
Originally Posted by CR Yaker View Post
Understandable, these FF change quick in updates/prices. My biggest concern with a used unit would be the following, did it get dunked in the salt water. Reason being, even though they are supposed to be water proof, these units are known for getting water through the micro SD card slot. Hopefully you sealed this opening before any unforeseen role in the sea.
With the premise that the unit didn't see any salt water leakage and being it is out of warranty. I'd do half of what you asking shipping included here in U.S. If you don't get any better offers, let me know, I'm looking to buy this unit before I return to Costa Rica this fall.
Good luck
P.S. I've now set the basement price for ya.
Thanks, I'll keep you in mind, just don't hold your breath. BTW, I looked up digital oasis site and couldn't find the unit, odd.
Old 07-20-2013, 07:36 AM   #6
CR Yaker

Here it is,
http://www.thedigitaloasis.com/LOWRA...l#.UeqtfZco7IW

Looks like they just ran out of stock. The unit is $379 on the parent website.

no problemo
Old 07-20-2013, 10:47 AM   #7
CR Yaker

Here's a listing on Ebay, 3 new for $363.99. I've been watching out for awhile and they are not going up in price. I still have a couple of months I can wait. But if the right deal came along I would jump. Time is my friend.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Lowrance-Eli...item3cd3590938

Thinking more about it, don't know if a used one would be worth it. Knowing the abuse I'd put on it, would be nice to just send it back to Lowrance for a new one within one year. Could always ensure that by tying it to the end of my line and dunking it in the ocean at the end of next season/Spring.

Last edited by CR Yaker; 07-20-2013 at 10:55 AM.