Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-09-2015, 08:55 PM   #1
parkermann

Anyone fish the cabrillo breakwall?

I came in from fishing Catalina yesterday and I'm the way in we went right next to the light house on the end of the break wall. There was kelp as far as I could see on the out side of the wall. It looked like a very fishy spot. It's not a super long ways the get to the light house from cabrillo beach. Does anyone fish there?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (49.1 KB, 121 views)
parkermann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2015, 05:09 AM   #2
jorluivil

It's a great calico spot with some sand bass, sculpin and other fish mixed in. There is the occasional wsb that may cruise through every other decade. Watch the swell direction when/if you fish there, it can get pretty nasty at the wall. I know of at least two boats that have been slammed up against those rocks with fatalities and a few others that met their fate while fishing the wall. Most of the time it's manageable but again it can get nasty.

www.facebook.com/Teamsewer
jorluivil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2015, 08:49 AM   #3
Mahigeer

I would not recommend eating any fish that is caught in that area.
Mahigeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2015, 01:02 PM   #4
GregAndrew

Bass fishing can be very good on the outside of the wall that starts on the right side of your picture. Creature baits work very well right on the rocks. The most important consideration there is the wind though. It is almost always blowing from the launch to that area and most the time pretty stiff in the afternoon.
GregAndrew is offline   Reply With Quote