Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion

Old 02-11-2017, 05:21 PM   #1
5-20

LJ Tomorrow - Conditions

Thinking about hitting LJ tomorrow (Sunday). Swell's a short period at 12 secs. Wind is supposed to be at 18-20+ after noon.

I guess I could try to get out really early and get back in before noon.

Any of you go out recently? How were the conditions? Any tips about where I can make bait?

Btw, would any of you be concerned about water contact issues since it rained a bit today?

Thanks.
5-20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2017, 05:29 PM   #2
YakDout
Brandon

LJ Tomorrow - Conditions

Id me more concerned with the afternoon wind. 12 seconds isnt really a short period. Short period would be 4-8. 12 seconds no prob. Get in soon as wind picks up.

Last edited by YakDout; 02-11-2017 at 06:35 PM.
YakDout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2017, 07:01 PM   #3
5-20

Cool, thanks. This is proving to be a dilemma. Chase YT at LJ or Halibut in Sd Bay. Can't really go wrong!!!
Old 02-12-2017, 05:24 PM   #4
5-20

The wind picked up very early in the morning. I was somewhat glad I went out of shelter again instead of LJ. One spottie on a dropshot to show for it. I stuck it out till a little after 1. Looking out at the big bay right now. Super low tide. Wind's really nice. Cool end to the day! Any of you done any night fishing lately with the full moon?
Old 02-12-2017, 08:31 PM   #5
InfidelYak

Where to launch??

So my buddy and I who are fond of fishing in Dana point are looking to change it up a bit. So we're planning on launching out of LJ Tuesday morning but I've been doing some research and see that there's a lot of protected areas. You guys have any advice of where to launch from and how to look out for these areas?
InfidelYak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2017, 06:39 AM   #6
FullFlavorPike

Quote:
Originally Posted by InfidelYak View Post
So my buddy and I who are fond of fishing in Dana point are looking to change it up a bit. So we're planning on launching out of LJ Tuesday morning but I've been doing some research and see that there's a lot of protected areas. You guys have any advice of where to launch from and how to look out for these areas?
put the Fishalerts app on your phone and bring your phone with you.
FullFlavorPike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2017, 11:25 AM   #7
5-20

Quote:
Originally Posted by InfidelYak View Post
Most people usually launch right at LJ shores, at the end of avenida de la playa road or around the next block with the construction going on right now.

If you want to try something different, there's a nice paved path a bit north of LJ. I don't remember the road name but it's almost right in front of UCSD. The path ends in front of black's beach. It's only about a quarter or a half mile from the top of the cliffs to the water, but it's smooth rolling all of the way!