Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-04-2014, 07:49 AM   #61
bus kid
Team Keine Zugehörigkeit

Lightbulb Im so glad marce is here!

Rock fish here I come!

Name:  RF01.JPG
Views: 731
Size:  42.1 KB

Name:  rf02.jpg
Views: 1130
Size:  29.4 KB

Não alimente os trolls------------Don't feed the trolls---------------インタネット荒らしを無視しろ

bus kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 07:59 AM   #62
Big T
Member, You Member!

Admin changed the log-in name for me.
Big T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 08:22 AM   #63
Big T
Member, You Member!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ful-rac View Post
Maybe you should take your own advice.
I'm not sure what that advice is in particular. I don't remember giving any advice that contradicts anything I have posted, but I will say that most of those comments were jokes. Jokes I figured would be taken well. The other comments were referring to someone being judgmental of someone based on their race, education or eye shape. The black comment was a joke and everybody took it as a joke... if they didn't that's their problem and would probably say that I "was being judgemental of a person based on race". Whatever. If they were not taken as jokes, I obviously misjudged the forum readers a bit. And have taken serious note. I'm semi aware of who is who at this point, so I will just sit back, let it roll and see where my next posts take me. I will say that I can understand the concerns now of people not sticking around because of Bloodydecks style banter.

I actually understand where people are coming from. Their actual "feelings" on my outing probably run the gamut from, yes.. ignorance to total understanding and experience. From love to hate. Jealousy to acceptance. People are all different. And at different levels of maturity and communication skills on the internet. So I guess I should have expected this. Lesson learned

Attempt at machismo?? Please.... Just given the way you posted, is a kettle calling the frying pan black.

I completely understand the route this thread has taken. And am embarrassed to say I got sucked in. The people who have name-called and taken things I've said out of context and even put words in my mouth have their own issues.... Issues that most members are thinking, "Yep, there go those troublemakers again. Grab the popcorn and lets watch this new guy get hammered." Multiple PM's from multiple members have advised me to not waste my time with a select few. Thanks for the heads up.

So anyway, I actually woke up this morning "thinking" about this particular subject... The sad part is, that it actually occupied my mind!!. I actually felt bummed a little about this thread.... That's so sad on my part. It really is. I actually put emotional energy into this... What a waste.

The people who have simply posted concerned, neutral or funny/good posts are appreciated. It's actually been fun in that regard. What a forum should be.

The people who have acted true to their negative character, have other issues to deal with. Big ones.

I will no longer add anything to this thread as it has become rather useless. (The last page especially)
Big T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 08:41 AM   #64
87yota4runner

Dana Point Hoopin' 3/2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big T View Post
Ah the benefits of polypropylene underwear, breathable waders with a wading belt....After a minute or so, you get used to it and the poly underwear works with you to warm you up even when wet. Till the wind picks up... then it kinda blows.

So for poly underwear, would these work?Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1393954842.333212.jpg
Views: 690
Size:  57.9 KB

I also have these laying around if that's what you meantName:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1393954886.662027.jpg
Views: 690
Size:  23.8 KB

Now who wants to go fishing with me? Haha

Last edited by 87yota4runner; 03-04-2014 at 11:36 AM.
87yota4runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 03:00 PM   #65
PJ
Junior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big T View Post
O...M...G... Those water bumps were epic last night!! Going out of the Dana Pt. Harbor, the waves were just pouring over the breakwall at high tide. Got out there at 6:30 or so. Rain rain and more rain. Every pull was 2-3 bugs.

50 bugs later (about 10 of them no bigger than my hand!) I was about to bring em in at around 3:45 then the harbor patrol came out and recommended that I not be out there.... Really? Where were they when the waves were ACTUALLY dangerous. It was dying down at that point. They also told me I was fishing to close to the mouth of the harbor... so I moved them all to the outer buoy line.

Just as I dropped my last hoop, the wind gusted REALLY hard! Come to find out it wasn't the wind blowing ME it was a wave carrying me with it just before it turned me over and swamped me...

Well, that just plain sucked. I righted the yak and just hung on it for a minute.... then the next wave came. Shit.

Got back on and paddled my ass outta that region. Grabbed all of my hoops and limped home. Went to Jack in the Box and ordered like 10 tacos and drove home.

Interesting night.
PJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 04:50 PM   #66
StinkyMatt

Big T,

When I first replied to your horror story, I replied because I was angry with you. I was upset because guys like you screw it up for the rest of us!

Guys who do not care about the consequences of their actions and only live for themselves bug the crap out of me.

Guys that repeatedly do the same STUPID stuff over and over again and do not learn......that is YOU.

You have done this stuff before...fell out of a skiff while fishing boilers in a storm......LEARN!

Flipped a yak/ tube at Cabrillo......LEARN!

Flip a kayak at Dana at night in a major storm......LEARN!

We all have mishaps and accidents...part of the game. However, you seem to be ignorant of the fact that you are doing something wrong that will affect you loved ones and other fishermen around you when it finally catches up to you.

YOU posted all these "adventures" of yours on public forums (BWE and BD)...you WILL get public comments.

Guys like you cost me freedoms.

Doing something bad like this ONCE.......= accident

Repeatedly banging your head against the wall.....= (you fill in the blank)

Not calling you names....just calling your actions......dumb.
StinkyMatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 04:54 PM   #67
jorluivil

With or without butter?

www.facebook.com/Teamsewer
jorluivil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 06:27 PM   #68
dorado50

Mister T..My new action hero

He purposely goes out into open waters with 10' + swells, storm surge, and wind waves on top of that. Disregards HP recommendation to abort. Proceeds to be swamped by unexpected large swell in the dead of night. Is luckily able to right his kayak. He purposely could have endangered the lives of HP and SAR if not for his heroic actions of self rescue!. That's what I'm talking about! Just awesome! This is why .....If only I and others could be like you......:notwort hy::no tworthy:
dorado50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 06:58 PM   #69
roby
CEO of Team Roby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deamon View Post
Big T, you've been around long enough to know the deal, right? Self deprecating humor, maybe receiving a kick if deserved or not..! I can help you fix this right up. Just tell me how to change my screen name buddy. I'll take care of these sum bitches no prob Except Roby...I can't help you with that no good, sneaky, sticking dead trout in one's kayak hatch, wetting down other's sleeping bags, good for just about nothing Numba one a-hole. Okay, okay, maybe he pulled my ass out of the water in the dark of night..and maybe i was tangled up in a little bit of braid but so what, the water wasn't very cold. You know I turned in my Team Roby membership application months ago and haven't heard a damn thing? Sum bitch crab caca eating bottom feeder Screen name change deal, Big T...pass it on brotha. Jim
Hahaha....I miss you Jim.

roby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 09:50 PM   #70
Aaron&Julie

I thought this chain would've died a couple of days ago.

Fact, is the guy wasn't ignorant and knew what he was getting into. With that knowledge, when his misfortune did happen, he handled it properly.

So he got shorts all night that doesn't indicate it was a waste of time, just poor luck. Sometimes dirty water from storms can be the ticket for a nice limit of bugs.
It wasn't, too bad for him on that result.

Everyone of us takes risks when venturing into the open waters. If you're a newbie, you'll usually start in bays to get a feel, then small surf, then bigger surf as your confidence rises.

By the time, Julie and I had enough experience in larger waves, we both launched in 4 foot surf in the dark, in the winter at LJ. About 4-5 other kayakers on the beach didn't dare, waiting 'til it got light out. I being the faster paddler, barely made it out, barely punching through, then slamming on the backside of 3 large waves, while getting drenched and wet up to my face, . When I looked for Julie, right after, she was no where to be seen. After a 10-15 minute wait, and just about to go back in, which I certainly didn't want to attempt a landing in that size surf in the dark, she comes paddling out. She didn't clear one of those good-sized sets, flipped, got banged up a little. After reflipping the kayak, getting her bearings together, she made it out on her next attempt. She's a helluva trouper. The thing is we knew the risk, had adversity, but prevailed. She caught her 1st WSB ever (about 30lbs) and and I caught a nice yellow of the same size. Her flip in the surf, while certainly a shock to her, was easily dismissed by her, and the smile on her face after getting that white, proved that.

We do believe in having a friend/partner with you when you can, especially in adverse conditions. She's not gone solo, and we stay close together when we both go. I've done maybe 3 solo bug trips, and maybe 6 solo LJ trips. It's safer and more enjoyable having partners like we do. But, we're not about to criticize those that do go solo.

We've both were knocked into the water of some rocks in South Laguna while shore fishing, by a sneaky wave. That shocked the hell out of us, too. I got to her and she clung to me while we swam back to the rock we fished from, crawling on mussel beds 'til we could get to our feet. We didn't lose either outfit we were using, learned some respect for how far out we should go on this island we waded to, and didn't have regrets for our "ADVENTURE", just another one, one we learned from, and we expect more adventures in the future, that may test our limits. We sure and hell don't give a shit if our adventure puts the world of kayak fishing in jeopardy from evening closures, or other repercussions. If that were the case, going on hikes in the wilderness, skydiving, hang-gliding, cliff climbing would all be outlawed, as their rate of injury/fatality is probably much higher than that of kayak fishing.

Grey whales have breached on Private boaters, killing all on board, not likely to happen, but if one did on your kayak, you'd be toast. Great whites have been known to attack kayaks. Surf landings themselves can be precarious, if flipped and the force of the wave knocks your kayak into an arm or a leg, it could be broken. Hell if it hit you in the head, it could knock you out. The more experience you have, the less likely surf landings will injure you.

I won't go into the incredibly difficult night bugging 2 days after the Japan Tsunami in SD Bay, supposedly when the threat of drastic swells, currents, and water level changes were supposed to have subsided, which they hadn't. It was vicious is all I'll say.

The risks are always there, so kudos to you Big T, way to correctly handle your situation.

Aaron

Last edited by Aaron&Julie; 03-05-2014 at 04:08 AM.
Aaron&Julie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 05:47 AM   #71
jruiz
Large Member

Attitudes like this is what get's innocent people killed.

http://www.dailybreeze.com/general-n...ach-breakwater
jruiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 06:13 AM   #72
William Novotny
The carpetbagger

http://www.badinfluencetattoo.com/gallery.php?artist=21
William Novotny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 06:24 AM   #73
alanw
Made in U.S.A.

Malibu Stealth-12 ¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸><(((º>

Its not a spelling B its a fishing B ~yakjoe
alanw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 07:00 AM   #74
ctfphoto

This is my favorite....
Attached Images

ctfphoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 07:45 AM   #75
ful-rac
Emperor

It's ALIVE!!!!!!!!!!

Old 03-05-2014, 05:55 PM   #76
"jjcawjj"

I Hate when That happen!!! Not a fun time when you get ROLLED!!! thanks for sharing!
"jjcawjj" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 11:32 PM   #77
kwest10

I'll be your wingman! Live in Irvine and am always looking for a spotter out on the water. We don't have to share a meal or long showers after but having a partner on the open water at night is always a plus.
kwest10 is offline   Reply With Quote