Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-05-2015, 08:23 AM   #1
food4less562

They will put every German in prison

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v...5669585729#_=_

food4less562 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2015, 08:30 AM   #2
FISH11

That's what happens when they let out all the inmates in the insane asylum due to lack of funding. "Lady go to MacDs and get a cheeseburger!"
Old 04-05-2015, 09:12 AM   #3
Mahigeer

This is my 2 cents;

The angler should have called the police and had her ticketed for interfering with the rights of the angler to fish.>>

If the angler hooked the fish on the pier and if he did not possess a fishing license, he should have released it rather than taking it.
Mahigeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2015, 09:41 AM   #4
Zed
BANNED

"Hey German boy, go back to Germania!"

Hup Oranje!
Old 04-05-2015, 11:37 AM   #5
Sir LJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahigeer View Post
This is my 2 cents;

The angler should have called the police and had her ticketed for interfering with the rights of the angler to fish.>>

If the angler hooked the fish on the pier and if he did not possess a fishing license, he should have released it rather than taking it.
I find it unlikely that he hooked onto it from the pier. Unless he hooked onto it close to shore and handed the rod down to someone.
I think that's at Venice pier, and it would be very difficult to walk the rod down from the end.
Sir LJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2015, 12:02 PM   #6
Silbaugh4liberty
Fishing Patriot

Saw this posted on BD a while back

http://www.bdoutdoors.com/forums/ind...hreads/563826/

People who run P.E.T.A.
Old 04-05-2015, 01:58 PM   #7
Fiskadoro

Looks like Manhattan Pier. This is like the LA version of the crazy seal ladies. If you fish the piers or surf in LA you eventually run into these people.

Fishing is legal, but there is a very hardcore group of locals that try to keep people from fishing in the Bay. In Manhattan beach the city actually banned fishing on the pier but the state overruled them. The gray area there is that City actually drafted it's own fishing regs for the pier to limit fishing. Their regulations prohibit the use of steel or braided leaders, large hooks, any fishing line other than a monofilament line, and they say there is a legal max line test of 40 pounds. They also banned using more than two hooks on a single line, cleaning of fish on the pier, chumming, overhead casting, and fishing in the surf from the pier. They have also filed for a Coastal Commission permit to attempt to limit fishing to the end of the pier. (as of yet unsuccessful) Fish and Game warned the city that only the commission can establish fishing regulations, but the Manhattans city attorney maintained that the city can enact the ordinance in the name of public health and safety. Since the city can't legally enforce their own stupid rules, local environmental nuts have taken up the slack and use the bullshit rules to harass fisherman, and that doesn't stop with only that pier.

The Germany comments are just Goodwin's law. He's killing the fish so he's a Nazi murderer.

Last edited by Fiskadoro; 04-05-2015 at 06:10 PM.
Fiskadoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2015, 02:01 PM   #8
Fiskadoro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir LJ View Post
I find it unlikely that he hooked onto it from the pier. Unless he hooked onto it close to shore and handed the rod down to someone. I think that's at Venice pier, and it would be very difficult to walk the rod down from the end.

He's using a type of flygaff with a large treble hook pipe weight a few feet of chain and a long rope. SOP... that's how you land big fish off piers.
Fiskadoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2015, 04:08 PM   #9
bubblehide

Hey, that looks like a bat ray to me.
bubblehide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2015, 03:43 PM   #10
Mahigeer

Quote:
I find it unlikely that he hooked onto it from the pier. Unless he hooked onto it close to shore and handed the rod down to someone.
Quote:
I think that's at Venice pier, and it would be very difficult to walk the rod down from the end.
>>
>>

It does look like Venice pier.>>
>>
He is dragging the fish with a "pier gaff". If he had hooked it in the sand he would have a rod in his hand.>>
>>
My guess is that he hooked the fish on the pier, where he could snag it from below. But could not lift it with a pier gaff. He then went on the sand to land it. I have seen it done before.>>
>>
My guess for German comment is that the person who was recording may have looked German. The photographer says "I am not German" if you check it out.>>
Old 04-07-2015, 06:07 PM   #11
taggermike

She's a real peach ain't she? Best part is when the by stander says "she needs to take her medicine". No sure I could stay as chill as that guy if she was up my business like that. Mike
taggermike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2015, 07:40 PM   #12
Sir LJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahigeer View Post
>>
>>

It does look like Venice pier.>>
>>
He is dragging the fish with a "pier gaff". If he had hooked it in the sand he would have a rod in his hand.>>
>>
My guess is that he hooked the fish on the pier, where he could snag it from below. But could not lift it with a pier gaff. He then went on the sand to land it. I have seen it done before.>>
>>
My guess for German comment is that the person who was recording may have looked German. The photographer says "I am not German" if you check it out.>>
Damn he must've been going around the light poles like a mad man just to get to the end of the pier.
Not to mention the pier doesn't go straight down.
Sir LJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2015, 08:29 PM   #13
Mahigeer

I agree, it must have not been an easy task.

That is why I only fish for big fish from the surf, or the dock at Catalina Mole.
Old 04-07-2015, 08:43 PM   #14
EastLosYaker

Poor Üter.
EastLosYaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2015, 05:29 PM   #15
Mahigeer

It is Venice pier in the background.

Looks like he was surf fishing.

There are more YouTube video on line.