Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports

Old 12-06-2014, 06:17 PM   #1
JeffB

Mission Bay 12-6-14

Started the morning off dragging butt and fighting the little one to get up and out of bed. Made it out to the bay and met up with the group around 6:45am. The little one and I hung out till about 7am until my wife got there to pick him up, then it was off to fish. First stop was Dana Landing, left my bump board at home so had to pick up a measure tape. I saw a lot of bait getting busted on around the ramp so I started throwing a jerk bait. I caught a few small ones around the ramp and docks, but nothing big, so moved on out to the bay. Started dragging around a deep diver and throwing a blade for a cpl more smalls. Wound up moving towards the docks in the bait barge area.

I hit Hospitality Pt on my way into Quivira. Changed it up and started throwing a swim fluke. I was retrieving it slow around the rocks and letting it fall to the bottom and bouncing it once I got past the rocks. I picked up a cpl more small fish. About 9:30 I made my way past the Life Gaurd Station. I had a cpl really big hits on a jointed deep diver. But couldn't connect. Continued my way towards the docks and started throwing the blade again around the pile-ons along with a swimjig. Found two pile-ons that produced 5 fast keepers on the jig. Slowed down then switched it back up to a A-rig. Started thumping then. I had several doubles. The rig really got them more aggressive.

I didn't catch anything big, but caught close to 50 fish easily, about 10 legals. I had a few really nice fish come off. One knocked my line slack while throwing the A-rig. By the time I caught up with the fish it had me wrapped around a pile-on and I broke off. Went back to the deep diver for the rest of the day since I donated the money bait. Headed back towards the launch at noon. I got a pretty good work out on the way back in peddling into a strong current and wind. Good day on the water.

It was good to see old faces and meet new ones. I hope to see you guys on the water again. I had a fun day out there and maybe hitting MB next week if anyone wants to join in on a spottie session. Thinking of hitting Tidelands in the morning as well to find one of those brown kind that have been hiding from me the last month or so.

Only took a pic of the first fish for my son. Maybe some of the others can add photos on of their fish.
Attached Images

Old 12-07-2014, 08:01 AM   #2
tsugg
LOWSPARK

MB

Sounds like a great day !! Pound for pound those spotties are a bad a-- little fish. I haven't given LMB one thought since I met a spotty the first time.
tsugg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2014, 08:17 AM   #3
Amish Ed

That's a great day Jeff. How did you finish?
Old 12-07-2014, 09:13 AM   #4
Iceman
Administrator

congrats on leading the pack yesterday. My son and I drove down and found plenty of 13 inchers. Dumped a possible jackpot winner at the boat lifting it out of the water by the blade. All we fished was the blade and crank baits. We caught about 20 between us. Most around Vacation Island in the grass beds. Great conditions, purdy morn.

Last edited by Iceman; 12-07-2014 at 09:21 AM.
Iceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2014, 08:41 PM   #5
Will B.

Great report Jeff
Will B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2014, 03:13 PM   #6
KirkG.

Had a great time fishing Saturday. I started out around government island, the bowling pin, and then moved over to the docks at camp land. Landed 20 or so fish with only 3 being legal all in a very short time frame. Only needed 3 so that was ok with me. Headed back to the launch and dragged a spinner bait for a few more but nothing big.

looking forward to getting out with the old faces and the new ones that showed up.

KirkG.
KirkG. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2014, 06:34 PM   #7
kobra

Way to go Jeff.
kobra is offline   Reply With Quote