Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-06-2011, 08:03 PM   #1
fishinkid2010

Spring Break Bassin'

Finally got a chance to take my kayak out after what seemed like an eternity! All I get to fish for in college is Largemouth Bass, which I absolutely a blast, but I still love terrorizing the spotties and sandies in the bay.

Fishing was kind of slow today. Reilly caught two Sculpin, and and I caught thee Spotted Bay Bass around the Kona Kai club and the Shelter Island Marina throwing small swimbaits slathered in Unibutter, and Mann's Stone Jigs with a craw trailer.

6 weeks of Fraternity pledging, where you have to wear a suit everyday kind of kills your tan! But I am now a full member of Phi Delta Theta!

The larger Spotty I caught.

Here is a sick video Reilly filmed of fishing today.

fishinkid2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 09:20 PM   #2
fishsouthcounty

killer video...looks like a fun day out there... cant beat shorts and a tank top.
fishsouthcounty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 06:25 AM   #3
mtnbykr2

Hey now that's a great video, but shorts? yesterday? Shelter Island?
not where we were...lol...nice job
mtnbykr2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 08:48 AM   #4
lamb

Nice day!

Cool video indeed - that fast forward paddle back is funny!
Old 03-07-2011, 10:05 AM   #5
jhook

Very nice! You guys definitely had the right idea staying in the marina.
jhook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 12:25 PM   #6
Jimmyz123

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnbykr2 View Post
Hey now that's a great video, but shorts? yesterday? Shelter Island?
not where we were...lol...nice job
I was wearing shorts all day. No waders here.

God Bless,
JimmyZ

Jimmyz123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 07:17 PM   #7
fishinfreak

fun fishing tyler. i cant wait to get the pole camera out to la jolla with the kelp beds, seabass, cruising baby makos and dolphins all around. maybe you could pedal through the shallows at the shores with pole camera facing the bottom as we pass over all the leopard sharks once the water warms up
fishinfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 07:27 PM   #8
old_rookie

Cool video. Surprised how clear the water was at the beginning.
I like the ground shots underwater too.

hmmmm... speakers clicking...anyone else having that?
old_rookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 09:52 PM   #9
fishinkid2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishinfreak View Post
fun fishing tyler. i cant wait to get the pole camera out to la jolla with the kelp beds, seabass, cruising baby makos and dolphins all around. maybe you could pedal through the shallows at the shores with pole camera facing the bottom as we pass over all the leopard sharks once the water warms up
I'm planning on hitting La Jolla Wednesday... you should skip school and go fishing with me. Then you can get some killer footage
Old 03-08-2011, 12:58 AM   #10
THE DARKHORSE

Nice fish, Tyler!

I say photoshop, though. How is it possible that your calves are larger than your thighs?

Also, any tips on what software is being used in the making of the video. I recently got a HD GoPro, not to mention a ton of sick footage now. The problem is I have no earthly idea how to put it with music.

Any advice would be great, thanks.
Old 03-08-2011, 07:12 AM   #11
steveooo

Cool Stuff Tyler
Go lay on the beach for a few days while you are here.
steveooo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 06:01 PM   #12
fishinkid2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE DARKHORSE View Post
I say photoshop, though. How is it possible that your calves are larger than your thighs?

Also, any tips on what software is being used in the making of the video. I recently got a HD GoPro, not to mention a ton of sick footage now. The problem is I have no earthly idea how to put it with music.

I'm on the special Ann Frank diet. Not to mention 6 weeks of intense pledging will really put you into shape.

I'm not sure what Reilly used to edit his video with, but I'll be sure to ask him and get back to you. (also feel free to PM me where exactly all that sick footage came from haha)
Old 03-08-2011, 06:18 PM   #13
jhook

Quote:

If you're on a mac, try iMovie. If on a PC, Windows Live Movie Maker. Both are free and can do most basic movie editing tasks (e.g. Adding/editing soundtracks, title screens, captions etc.).
jhook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 06:59 PM   #14
fishinfreak

hey guys

i'm using cyberlink powerdirector on my pc (windows 7). my dad got it for me at fry's for about 60 bucks. definently worth getting, does video in reverse, changes video speed, etc. the layout of the program is a lot like imovie, so it's quite easy to use. supports hd and everything and you can save ur final movie in a wide variety of high quality file formats.

by the way, i was using a homemade pole cam for all the shots. i'm sure lots of guys have made their own, but the one i have is pretty simple and works well. i can post pictures if people are interested in seeing it. i'm looking forward to shots in the kelp this spring (only if the fish are lockjaw and i'm not busy going bendo).

i wish i had the hd gopro for surfing and fishing, but with college next year i am not too eager to spend lots of money. the standard definition shots still turned out pretty well in my opinion.

tight lines

reilly
fishinfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 07:17 PM   #15
Ndavissd

Nice post

Enjoyed the video, been watching ur Texas post and enjoying them. Will be bass fishing lake arbuckle, okla in June in between some construction projects for mom , my son is a hs fresh at LCC and would luv to be on a college bass team. Keep up the post great stuff
Ndavissd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 07:28 PM   #16
Lets_Fish

Great vid Tyler & Reilly. Enjoy the fly swatting!

Josh, I use Corel VideoStudio Pro X3 (purchased thru Newegg http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...-168-_-Product). You can also upload you vids direct to youtube.
Lets_Fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 07:45 PM   #17
roby
CEO of Team Roby

Cool video....great perspectives. Good quality bass....
roby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 07:09 AM   #18
old_rookie

Quote:

I've been using Sony Vegas http://www.sonycreativesoftware.com/moviestudiohd for a few years. For the price <$50 and what it does, and the ease of use is great. I highly recommend it. It also guides you through step by step on how to do things like fade-in, out, cross fade.... at least the older version did - I would think the new one does too. The link allows for a free trial download too. It was very easy to add music too. Just keep things organized on your PC and you'll be set.
old_rookie is offline   Reply With Quote