Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion

Old 12-10-2017, 04:22 PM   #1
ProfessorLongArms

Cheap Ebay Jigs- Too good to be true?

I've searched the forum a bit and see a comment or two here and there-

Anybody have any experience with sellers like these?

https://www.ebay.com/usr/alltacklede...p2047675.l2559

Looking at stuff like-
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Diamond-Jig...&soutkn=MAP7vI

https://www.ebay.com/itm/4-pieces-4-...YAAOSwr81UQxYc

I'm notorious for losing artificials on bad casts or bottom snags, and was looking to stock up for my trip to Baja.

I have to admit the prices look enticing considering the seller is local and has a clone of just about everything.

My guess would be these are crappy hooks and split rings, but I'm curious if anyone has tested anything like this before. I'm also not going after bluefin, so I'm not *too* concerned about straightening a hook out. That said, I've never done so and am not looking to find out how it feels on *the* fish.

I could also imagine replacing hooks and rings would probably even out the price, cost me time and learning curve compared to just buying some shimanos, Krocs, or Tadys off the shelf.
ProfessorLongArms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2017, 04:38 PM   #2
rossman
Marginally Irrelevant

I have been buying from AllTackleDepot for years. Sabiki rigs, Megabait look alikes, Krocodile look alikes, hooks etc. Nothing but good reviews from me. Both in the responsiveness of the seller and the quality of the tackle. No cheap hooks and split rings from my point of view. In fact, the hooks and split rings on the megabait look alikes are much much better than the real megabaits, which are crap in my opinion. Had too many hooks straighten out on the real megabaits. Southern California company too.
"When beholding the tranquil beauty and brilliancy of the ocean’s skin, one forgets the tiger heart that pants beneath it; and would not willingly remember that this velvet paw but conceals a remorseless fang. "
— Herman Melville

Y'all come see me now, hear!
rossman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2017, 04:55 PM   #3
ProfessorLongArms

Quote:
Originally Posted by rossman View Post
I have been buying from AllTackleDepot for years. Sabiki rigs, Megabait look alikes, Krocodile look alikes, hooks etc. Nothing but good reviews from me. Both in the responsiveness of the seller and the quality of the tackle. No cheap hooks and split rings from my point of view. In fact, the hooks and split rings on the megabait look alikes are much much better than the real megabaits, which are crap in my opinion. Had too many hooks straighten out on the real megabaits. Southern California company too.
Thanks! I appreciate the review.
I'll give them a shot and see how they do.
ProfessorLongArms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2017, 08:22 PM   #4
roby
CEO of Team Roby

One more positive review from that ebay seller as well. I just bought about 50 bucks in jigs and sabikis from the seller. Easy and simple transaction. The jigs are solid.
roby is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
artificial lures, chinese, ebay, jigs, megabait