Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-28-2016, 09:13 PM   #1
HobieOneCanoebe

HobieOneCanoebe Invitational

Whats up BWE I am starting up an annual or bi-annual fishing contest for everybody on here to compete in. The rules and requirements are,
1. Fish must be caught off a Kayak or SUP
2. You must give the fish length, girth at its thickest point, a picture of it, and a picture of it on a scale with the weight clearly visible.
3. If you can not complete #2 I will set a meet up in North county for people to bring in their catch, weigh it and get a picture. I would appreciate if someone in south county could help me out with this as well.
4.Your top 3 fish from each category will count towards your total weight.
5. Their will be a winner for the most weight in each category, (The most overall weight AKA Grand Prize), Best variety, and Wildcard award if someone happens to get a really heavy Fish but they don't have any, or many other entries.
6.Fishing zones, Anywhere in San Diego county that means from the mexico border to San Onofre salt water and fresh water will have categories to compete in.
7. Saltwater categories~ Yellowtail, White Sea Bass, Halibut, Calico Bass, Spotted Bass, Sand Bass, Shark(can be any species leopards and shovelnose sharks count good luck getting measurements), perch, corvina/croaker, & Tuna any kind Big eye to Bluefin.
8.To measure a flat fish the girth will just be the width multiplied by 2
9.Freshwater categories~ Largemouth Bass, Trout, Catfish, Carp, Bluegill.

First annual contest will be in the be in August don't miss out there will be tons of giveaways raffles and prizes for the winners!!

Please leave your feedback in the comment section below I'm doing this for you guys so don't hesitate to let me know if I should add or change anything.

Contest fee is $10 to enter, kids just $5 to enter and all the money will be going right back into the prizes this is a non-profit contest aimed to be affordable and fun for everybody, thanks!

HobieOneCanoebe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2016, 04:19 PM   #2
HobieOneCanoebe

fee

thinking maybe no entry fee, it will mean smaller prizes but it's all about the bragging rights
Old 07-02-2016, 05:41 PM   #3
HobieOneCanoebe

dates

Dates coming soon still figuring out the schedule.
Old 07-03-2016, 09:21 AM   #4
FishFighterSD
Junior

I think the concept is good, though I'm kind of unclear on how multiple contest locations will work, while maintaining the integrity of the contest, but it sounds like fun. If there is anything I can do to facilitate, inbox me and I'll help.
FishFighterSD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2016, 09:36 AM   #5
FullFlavorPike

Quote:
Originally Posted by FishFighterSD View Post
I think the concept is good, though I'm kind of unclear on how multiple contest locations will work, while maintaining the integrity of the contest, but it sounds like fun. If there is anything I can do to facilitate, inbox me and I'll help.
If somebody's hell bent on cheating to win a friendly fishing contest with a ten dollar buy in, it's probably not possible to stop such a sad soul.
FullFlavorPike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2016, 09:40 AM   #6
FishFighterSD
Junior

You're correct FullFlavorPike.
FishFighterSD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2016, 04:57 PM   #7
HobieOneCanoebe

ha

lol yeah I was thinking the same thing we can do it mostly on BWE and just help out anybody who doesn't have access to a scale by meeting up with them and then we can have a nice barbecue to finish it off I'll buy a few plastics and other things to do a raffle nothing huge this time around but lets see if we can get it to grow!
Old 07-05-2016, 05:28 AM   #8
roby
CEO of Team Roby

I'm in plus 3 more...

roby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2016, 08:30 AM   #9
jorluivil

Quote:
Originally Posted by roby View Post
I'm in plus 3 more...

I know Greg and Tony mentioned it this weekend, I don't fish as much as I used to so I'm not joining.....good luck boys!

www.facebook.com/Teamsewer
jorluivil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2016, 04:45 PM   #10
HobieOneCanoebe

awesome

Awesome! Looks like we'll have some really good competitors! Is there any divisions you guys would like to add?
Old 07-05-2016, 07:18 PM   #11
GregAndrew

Sorry, Jorge must have misunderstood . I release most of my fish, and am not interested in taking the time to take multiple measurements of them before release.
GregAndrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2016, 07:48 PM   #12
HobieOneCanoebe

GregAndrew a picture of it with an accurate weight will do just fine! This is a friendly competition for now with some decent prizes meant to get more people involved!
Old 07-05-2016, 08:25 PM   #13
roby
CEO of Team Roby

Jorge needs to be specific. He doesn't kayakfish as often, but he shore fishes. So you can still count him in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jorluivil View Post
I know Greg and Tony mentioned it this weekend, I don't fish as much as I used to so I'm not joining.....good luck boys!
roby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2016, 11:28 AM   #14
HobieOneCanoebe

lol thats fine like I said just a friendly contest I'd like to get as many people a chance to participate as I can...if he catches a big old wsb from the shore I'm going to be jealous though hah
Old 07-09-2016, 12:16 PM   #15
HobieOneCanoebe

Contest Dates

September

1st through the 7th all entries must be in by 8pm September 7th

Banquet/Awards will be the following Saturday 9-10-16 1pm-3pm feel free to stay longer if you'd like. Please bring any food or beverages that you'd like I will provide Hamburgers Hot Dogs Soda and hopefully some fish tacos.

Still looking for a location for the Banquet if anyone has any ideas I would be very grateful.

Please send all entrance fees to 1720 aspenglow Encinitas, CA 92024 along with your full name and BWE username.

I will also set up a meet when the date gets a little closer to collect entrance fees.

Thanks guys, may the force be with you!