Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-28-2012, 03:58 PM   #21
T-Rex

Quote:
Originally Posted by min-va View Post
You going Sat too?
Get there early - there's a Berkley tournament scheduled for Saturday. The fishing should be good because it seems like they stock more heavily before tournaments.
Old 03-28-2012, 05:31 PM   #22
MrPukaShell

Going to camp at Lake Irvine this Weekend. Got one of the Lake side camp sites. Stop by for a beverage if you are there. Will be fishing from a red stealth. Buddy is in a Yellow something or other. I like the fire tiger or brown trout in a cd-3. Also like the Kastmaster flatlined.
MrPukaShell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 06:02 PM   #23
salty pirate

Quote:
Originally Posted by William Novotny View Post
....nothin beats the worm. I like to shore fish for trout and I always use an inflated worm on a #6 hook, carolina rigged with a 1/8 egg sinker and a carolina keeper. Judge how much leader line to pull out by how tall the bottom grass is where you will be fishing. You want your inflated worm to float about a foot above the grass so play around with it. Another trick is gulp makes a trout dip for worms. I use the green garlic and give my worm a good coating. A jar will last forever. I cant remember ever getting skunked using this method
2-4 lb test
salty pirate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 09:27 AM   #24
Mr. Adventure
Damn Hippy

Hey Yakin, I went out to silver wood then end of last summer and they didn't charge for kayaks, just per vehicle. I'd be down to get into some fresh water action there with ya.
Mr. Adventure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 09:30 AM   #25
Mr. Adventure
Damn Hippy

Also, when trout fishing instead of replacing your line can you just tie on a 2lb leader and call it good?
Mr. Adventure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 09:39 AM   #26
Yakin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Adventure View Post
Also, when trout fishing instead of replacing your line can you just tie on a 2lb leader and call it good?
I'm going out this sunday and I will be not parking in the parking lot I have an awesome place to go park near the damn and launch since most of my fishing will be down in that area go view my thread
Old 03-29-2012, 10:13 AM   #27
min-va

Do you guys know any good launching place there? as i look at google map, looks like only the boat launching area....

Any other good launching area recommend? i try to avoid launch with all those boats...
Old 03-29-2012, 10:23 AM   #28
NEEFFF

Try using The berkley gulp 2.5" minnow on a 1/4oz bullet weight.. Worked real well for me for trout http://www.walmart.com/ip/GULP-MINNOW/15908386
Old 03-29-2012, 10:48 AM   #29
fishingfool

Yakin before you bad mouth a place you had better get your facts and head on you shoulders straight. Lake Gregory is one of the healthiest lakes in Calif. I have worked with the DFG testing the lake. There is only one other lake that is as healthy as Gregory The water is clean and the fish is safe to eat. I would eat the fish out of Gregory before I ever eat fish at Silverwood. The only outboard on Gregory is the patrol boat. Now get your head out of where the Sun Does not shine and get your FACTS RIGHT. Sorry to everyone else about this but I cannot stand people who lie.
fishingfool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 10:59 AM   #30
Yakin

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishingfool View Post
Yakin before you bad mouth a place you had better get your facts and head on you shoulders straight. Lake Gregory is one of the healthiest lakes in Calif. I have worked with the DFG testing the lake. There is only one other lake that is as healthy as Gregory The water is clean and the fish is safe to eat. I would eat the fish out of Gregory before I ever eat fish at Silverwood. The only outboard on Gregory is the patrol boat. Now get your head out of where the Sun Does not shine and get your FACTS RIGHT. Sorry to everyone else about this but I cannot stand people who lie.
I do have my facts strait my wife has lived on the mountain her whole life and I've herd enough stories and experienced enough
I've watched people come out of that water with red bumps and parasites on their bodies
I've seen literally human shit floating in that lake
I use to walk around the lake every week and I never smelled a lake so bad
I don't know where you get your testing equipment but there must be a whole in the bottom of your glass cause the only thing that is clean about crestline is the air
In crestline when the lake is open for swimmers
its only people from down the mountain that swim in that dirty lake
Mountain people never swim in that lake and if they do they are stupid
So before you decide to call someone out on a bluff make sure you get the word from the people not just what is says on a paper
Just cause the report says there are fish in these streams doesn't mean they haven't migrated back into the ocean young grasshopper
Old 03-29-2012, 11:14 AM   #31
Mr Fishback

Caught my first trout this past winter. Gave up using my heavy gear after a couple of failed trips and ended up getting a 2# rig. If you stick with what you have, I would agree with Mr Adventure and go with a leader. Maybe tie 4# fluorocarbon on.

Good luck out there!

- Joseph, San Diego
Mr Fishback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 11:30 AM   #32
min-va

Quote:
Dude...calm down man...

I don't think Yakin is liying or anything, people have different experience with different things and places...he just telling us what he knew or experienced about...

That is why there is a website call YELP, let people write about good or bad reviews..
Old 03-29-2012, 11:36 AM   #33
min-va

One more question.......how u guys fish the Rapala CD3/5? since is a count down, i assume you should let it sink........but to what depth? i don't have FF...so i should just test different depth until i found the fish.....??
Old 03-29-2012, 12:04 PM   #34
Yakin

Quote:
Dude...calm down man...

I don't think Yakin is liying or anything, people have different experience with different things and places...he just telling us what he knew or experienced about...

That is why there is a website call YELP, let people write about good or bad reviews..
Thanks man and also with the Rapala count down
Since you don't have a fish finder best I say is try two and two different depths and switch and keep trying it once they hit your one
Old 03-29-2012, 12:06 PM   #35
Yakin

Quote:
Dude...calm down man...

And also sorry about the negative feed back on my post on your forum
We all love to shit talk just looking out for fellow kayakers
Old 03-29-2012, 12:20 PM   #36
fishingfool

He is lieing . that lake is tested evey week. as far as people commong out the lake with red spots evey lake in the country cas that problem. That lake is clean. There a lot of people that says it not. They do not no what they are talking about. there are a lot of idiots up here that says it not clean. Like I said the lake is tested every week for parasites and micro organisms. It is way under the amount it takes to close the lake. When it rains it does go up but that is from the morons that don't5 pick up their dog droppings. I don't care what his wife aor he says about the lake. they both have the heads up their ass. Every lake in the country causes rashes and swimmers ear. Look at silverwoods water it is brown and smells. Lake gregory is green with life and it's food for the fish no smell. Yakin does not no what he is talking about. He can call the County health department and get the test results or he can come by the office at the lake and see the results from the tests. I have all of this information from the DFG and health department. Lets see what he has in writhing in writing that says it is contaminated. The proof is in the writing not what someone thinks is right. There are so many people that think there are right take the mpla for instance. Show me the test results you have to prove to me I am wrong wrong. As far as only people down the hill are the only swimmers is bull. Most season passes are sold to locals. I have worked at the lake for over 5 years. I have some people that say the what yakim says and I set them straight. There are people like you that spreads that same bad roamer. I'm glad he is off the mountain. Now quit spreading roomers that are not true. You may not like what I say but tuff shit. I have all the documentation I need to prove him wrong. As far as silverwood is concerned I fish fish there also. It's a good lake. When they fill up during the summer guess where they send people. Oh my god they send them to gregory I very seldom post on this site but when I saw that comment it pissed me off because it's not true
Old 03-29-2012, 12:32 PM   #37
Yakin

Quote:
He is lieing . that lake is tested evey week. as far as people commong out the lake with red spots evey lake in the country cas that problem. That lake is clean. There a lot of people that says it not. They do not no what they are talking about. there are a lot of idiots up here that says it not clean. Like I said the lake is tested every week for parasites and micro organisms. It is way under the amount it takes to close the lake. When it rains it does go up but that is from the morons that don't5 pick up their dog droppings. I don't care what his wife aor he says about the lake. they both have the heads up their ass. Every lake in the country causes rashes and swimmers ear. Look at silverwoods water it is brown and smells. Lake gregory is green with life and it's food for the fish no smell. Yakin does not no what he is talking about. He can call the County health department and get the test results or he can come by the office at the lake and see the results from the tests. I have all of this information from the DFG and health department. Lets see what he has in writhing in writing that says it is contaminated. The proof is in the writing not what someone thinks is right. There are so many people that think there are right take the mpla for instance. Show me the test results you have to prove to me I am wrong wrong. As far as only people down the hill are the only swimmers is bull. Most season passes are sold to locals. I have worked at the lake for over 5 years. I have some people that say the what yakim says and I set them straight. There are people like you that spreads that same bad roamer. I'm glad he is off the mountain. Now quit spreading roomers that are not true. You may not like what I say but tuff shit. I have all the documentation I need to prove him wrong. As far as silverwood is concerned I fish fish there also. It's a good lake. When they fill up during the summer guess where they send people. Oh my god they send them to gregory I very seldom post on this site but when I saw that comment it pissed me off because it's not true
Looks like someone's panties are in a wad
and so you know I'm not off the mountain I live in running springs
AND have family in crestline and lake arrowhead and blue jay
and still drive past that dirty lake
but rant all you want because the cat it out the bag
So go blow your steam off
And go back to your dirty work trying to clean up that dirty lake
(and also 3 years ago it was all in the mountain paper and on rimoftheworld.net about them thinking about closing the lake and putting up some weird shit in place of the lake)
And sorry people for these people's arrogance
Just remember its just an opion and as I always say
Opions are like asswholes everyone has one
and some are better then others
so fish and swim there at your own risk
Old 03-29-2012, 12:43 PM   #38
fishingfool

Like they say if it's not broken don't fix it. So I can't clean something that is not dirty. T o show you I'm bigger that you come by the boat house and I will buy you a cup of coffee. Don't forget when you bad mouth a place you are libel for what you say. You can believe what you want if it;s true or not. Thats your privilege in the USA. If you can show me documentation you are right I will change my mind. Until than well good luck. Good luck on silverwood. Like i say I don't hold a grudge against you. In fact I would like to meet you so we can talk.
Old 03-29-2012, 12:50 PM   #39
Yakin

Quote:
Like they say if it's not broken don't fix it. So I can't clean something that is not dirty. T o show you I'm bigger that you come by the boat house and I will buy you a cup of coffee. Don't forget when you bad mouth a place you are libel for what you say. You can believe what you want if it;s true or not. Thats your privilege in the USA. If you can show me documentation you are right I will change my mind. Until than well good luck. Good luck on silverwood. Like i say I don't hold a grudge against you. In fact I would like to meet you so we can talk.
Thanks for the luck at silverwood hope they open up the dirt roads soon
And I will stop by for the cup of coffie. But I won't be there to argue or dispute side or fight
But next time just leave my wife out of things she wasn't the one on the stand it was just you and me
Old 03-29-2012, 12:57 PM   #40
ful-rac
Emperor

Ok guys....time to go fish'n......!