Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-19-2008, 12:50 PM   #1
cabojohn
PROBATION

paddle~N~fish - 4/12/08

There are a bunch of guys gonna do a paddle 'n fish
on 4-12...we're launching at County Line and paddling and fishing to
Broad Beach...the route is around 6 1/2 miles or so...
so far there are about 12 to 16 people going...
gonna be a blast...all are welcome, but a word of caution...
both beaches are surf launches so if you are new to surf launches,
get some practice in before the trip...gonna be a blast...
hope to see some of you there...

here is a quote from brother Phil on the launch and landing sites...

quote="phil harris"]since we're givin' soooo much details...this will beee handy...

the launch...

'n' last...but not least...the landing...

something tells mee...this is gunna bee beyond epic...it's gunna bee
biblical... [/quote]

here is a quote from Jason

jas wrote:
We usually try to meet up at 6am at the launch. Everyone drops off their kayaks and gear. We need at least a person or two to watch over the gear while everyone drives to the landing area. Depending upon how many PFA'ers show, will dictate how many vehicles we'll need to drive back to the launch; predesignated shuttlers/volunteers. Anyone with cars parked at the launch will need rides after we land. These kinds of logistics seem to work themselves out, if not a few days before, on the morning we meet up.

If you come late to the launch and everyone is in route to park at the landing area, park and unload....we should be back shortly. You can catch a ride back after we land.

County Line may be pumping. There's a good chance that it will be head high. It's not a single wave beach break as you can tell from Phil's picts. They line up on you at there. Broad Beach is the most deceiving wave I've ever surfed or punched through via the kayak. Considering how shallow it can get, the waves can still break pretty far outside. Those can reform pretty good as well.

These two breaks as well as others along the route, protect some of the most lush fishing grounds around. Not to mention it's a decent haul for boaters to get to from either adjacent harbors; Might as well go out to Catalina, Anacapa, or Santa Cruz unless a bite's on coastally. Very little fishing pressure.

Words to the wise.....stow your gear stow your gear stow your gear. And be prepared to get pounded. I'm not planning on getting pounded but if I do get pounded, it won't be my first time. Everyone should have a number of those under their belt before attempting to launch and land at these beaches.

jas

I copied this off another site...anyone is invited to the paddle~N~fish.
LA County / Malibu FYI
come one out and join the fun!

shoot me a pm if you have any questions...

cabo j

Last edited by cabojohn; 03-19-2008 at 01:03 PM.
cabojohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2008, 01:02 PM   #2
dorado50

I can hardly wait to get my kayak bent in two !! Noaa long range report suggests bigger surf then pictured........
dorado50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2008, 01:23 PM   #3
tylerdurden
Bad Clone

Sounds like a good adventure. Nothing like a nice open beach launch to open your eyes in the morning . I can't make it to this one but that is one of those beach stretches that I've always wanted to fish.

Let the Fish and Game Commission know what you think about the proposed maps.

Be ready for December 9th and 10th.

tylerdurden is offline   Reply With Quote