Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-08-2015, 11:56 AM   #1
Hobbie619
Junior

New kayaker

Hi everyone-I recently bought a hobie mirage 16' kayak. I enjoy fishing but honestly I'm amateur when it comes to kayaking. I would really appreciate any help. Do people ever meet up and go together. How do you store fish you catch well fishing? Is there an ice bag? Ive gone out by myself in mission bay and I don't think I'm ready for La Jolla yet. Thanks
Hobbie619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2015, 02:19 PM   #2
HobieScot

New kayaker

First and foremost welcome to your new addiction and to the boards.

Yes people meet up and head out together all the time. You will see ppl post saying what day and time they plan to launch at what ever location to see if anyone wants to join them.

There are insulated fish bags you can use but a lot of us just place the fish on a stringer and place it in the front hatch or on the back of the kayak covered in a wet towel or burlap.

You can oftentimes find the answers to the questions you will have using the search function in the upper left of the msg board as pretty much any question you might have has been addressed before. But times change and so do products and techniques so don't be afraid to ask.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
HobieScot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2015, 10:08 AM   #3
taggermike

Lots of people set up fishing trips on this board. Find folks that fish in places you want to fish and ask to meet them there. Most here will be cool with that. (Right?). Its a good learning opportunity to go with more experienced folks. Kayaking comes first in "Kayak fishing". Even if you're a very experienced angler you'll want to bring up your kayaking skills and comfort zone before you tackle a surf launch. Send out some posts n PMs about fishing with others. Where are you? Mike
taggermike is offline   Reply With Quote