Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion

Old 05-12-2016, 04:25 PM   #1
Phishphood

Any new info?

Headed out of LJ tomorrow for a 0530 launch in the grey. Love to know any info from today. Heard water temps dropped 3 degrees overnight. Definitely put the bass bite off today on the sport boats.

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk
Edit: except the chubasco apparently
Phishphood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2016, 04:43 PM   #2
TheBoyScout

Buddy caught a thresher today

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
TheBoyScout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2016, 04:47 PM   #3
seaquinn
wishin' I was fishin'

Any YT?

I have heard of lots of Threshies, but any yt?

I hear water has colored green and gotten colder.
seaquinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2016, 06:16 PM   #4
FullFlavorPike

Swell from due south. Could be kinda weird out there. Surf's small but curly in north co right now. Not sure what the current's doing.

That's all I got!
FullFlavorPike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2016, 07:21 PM   #5
Darrell
Junior

Launched at 10am, long sloppy paddle out. Went past the cluster of kayaks and few boats and saw several hooked up with threshers and saw 2 boated. Wasnt interested in dealing with the sharks and seals so ended up around the corner about a mile south of childrens pool. No one else around and no threshers or seals. Got this nice one about 11:30 slow trolling a spanish and lost a second one on the way in outside the condos trolling a big greenback. The second one made a big run and wrapped me around something, not kelp because my spectra was frayed above my leader connection. Fast easy paddle coming in around 2 with the swell and wind to my back. Saw a guy on a boat farm a yellow at the boat but didn't see or hear much else on the yellows. think i just got lucky. Might go again tommorow but im pretty beat after the long paddle. Good luckimage.jpg
Darrell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2016, 08:02 PM   #6
Phishphood

Thanks for the info guys!

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk
Phishphood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2016, 08:22 PM   #7
Viper3173

I'll be out mañana, aiming to launch at 6. Olive outback. I'll be on 68, hopefully see you on the water. -Patrick
Viper3173 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2016, 08:52 PM   #8
Murray

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darrell View Post
Launched at 10am, long sloppy paddle out. Went past the cluster of kayaks and few boats and saw several hooked up with threshers and saw 2 boated. Wasnt interested in dealing with the sharks and seals so ended up around the corner about a mile south of childrens pool. No one else around and no threshers or seals. Got this nice one about 11:30 slow trolling a spanish and lost a second one on the way in outside the condos trolling a big greenback. The second one made a big run and wrapped me around something, not kelp because my spectra was frayed above my leader connection. Fast easy paddle coming in around 2 with the swell and wind to my back. Saw a guy on a boat farm a yellow at the boat but didn't see or hear much else on the yellows. think i just got lucky. Might go again tommorow but im pretty beat after the long paddle. Good luckAttachment 19106
Man, that is one big yellow. Way to go. Enjoy.
Murray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2016, 06:59 PM   #9
surfisher

That's the key! Get away from the threshers and seals and you will probably catch a yellow.