Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports

Closed Thread

Old 11-17-2010, 02:34 PM   #61
StinkyMatt

Sherm, and other "used to post it" guys. Please don't feel that a few, vocal, voices characterize the make up and position of the entire board. Many( possibly most) guys on here still have not lost the youthful excitement that comes from :

1 catching fish
2 seeing your friend kick some ass on the water
3 knowing that you helped a guy get on the fish
4 bragging (I mean sharing) about your catch.

Please fish, post if you like.

Gotta get ready for my Calico breeder, trasher pup, black seabass trip this weekend.
Old 11-17-2010, 04:07 PM   #62
surfnutnj

Too bad

Quote:
Originally Posted by DESTROYER View Post
Larry- The Rules were a JOKE!

I've always shared and still get shit from my friends for doing so.

This is exactly why I never bother to post a fish report EVER even when I do catch a fish...just like surfing...people think they own the ocean and have a right to self regulate it and create imaginary rules or laws.

As long as long as you are respectful and not an "a" hole then I think you should be able to do whatever you want as long as it is within the "real life" laws.

I guess mentioning that you saw "a guy" catch "a fish" is against the unwritten rules. I will have to try to remember that.

sheesh... I have a totally different view of these boards now... o well
Old 11-17-2010, 04:49 PM   #63
DESTROYER

Quote:
Originally Posted by surfnutnj View Post
This is exactly why I never bother to post a fish report EVER even when I do catch a fish...just like surfing...people think they own the ocean and have a right to self regulate it and create imaginary rules or laws.

As long as long as you are respectful and not an "a" hole then I think you should be able to do whatever you want as long as it is within the "real life" laws.

I guess mentioning that you saw "a guy" catch "a fish" is against the unwritten rules. I will have to try to remember that.

Don't let it get to you. I never judge a person by their internet rants. You never know how many they've had when they wrote that Chit. I find that a simple private message usually does the trick. Cheers!
Old 11-17-2010, 05:44 PM   #64
driftwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by surfnutnj View Post

You have never posted your own fish report? Like many, I have posted quite a bit. And I have never seen anyone be presecuted for that.

I personally, would love to see your fish report. I think its safe to say, that many in this forum would love to read your report and give you props. Try it, I think you'll like it.

But make sure its your own, not someone else's.
Old 11-18-2010, 06:25 AM   #65
Sherm

Quote:
Originally Posted by driftwood View Post
You have never posted your own fish report? Like many, I have posted quite a bit. And I have never seen anyone be presecuted for that.

I personally, would love to see your fish report. I think its safe to say, that many in this forum would love to read your report and give you props. Try it, I think you'll like it.

But make sure its your own, not someone else's.
Not exactly bro.................back in April I posted my PB yellowtail on this board. I posted three days after i caught it and it was a good three weeks into the bite. The next thing you now guys with 19 posts and shit were giving me a hard time about posting. I was being blamed for private boats....yaks.....spearos being out fishing. It's kinda crazy.

Oh ya.....I got two big WSB back in June..................is that waiting long enough to post
Old 11-18-2010, 08:22 AM   #66
Mtobolsky
Loves his member

one last thing..........ive been out to LJ a lot...not as much as some more than others and odly enough, my best day ever was with 200 of my closest friends... a good split between PB'rs and yakers but we did outnumber them......there were sphincters out there and luckily i was right next to one of them when i pulled up about 50 yards away from him (about as far away as you could get from anyone) and set up my 1'st, 2n'd, 3rd and 4th drift and slammed a yellow or bruiser BSB (safely released) every freakin time....it was the best thing on this planet.... i was just being friendly asking what all the baloons were about making conversation with a fellow angler even though he was a pb'r and he started cussing up a storm about all these other people gettin in on his space and how he's been there all nigh with nothing to show for it. What sweet redemption to just get slammed right in front of him!!!!

baloons.....ha....guess he didn't know the squid were on the bottom along with every other fish in the sea slurpin them up.....good times.....

One thing that pissed me off though was that i saw him get whacked with a 5 min fight only to see it was a bat ray so his dumb ass took his anger out on the poor thing and shanked the thing about fifty times before dropping him back in davies locker...wht a prick!!

all i know is i consider all you yakers out there my comrades when im there, happy to share and greatfull for info...there's enough fish out there trust me, even on the busy days.

Old 11-18-2010, 01:28 PM   #67
driftwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherm View Post
Not exactly bro.................back in April I posted my PB yellowtail on this board. I posted three days after i caught it and it was a good three weeks into the bite. The next thing you now guys with 19 posts and shit were giving me a hard time about posting. I was being blamed for private boats....yaks.....spearos being out fishing. It's kinda crazy.

Oh ya.....I got two big WSB back in June..................is that waiting long enough to post
I see your point sherm. But, my point is more general. Many have posted their own fish report when the fishing was slow. Even if you post/report just once a year thats good. ( your own)

Now, as far as posting durring a hot bite, Well, that all depends if you like fishing with a small crowd or a very large crowd. too many different opinions regarding that.
And how long should you wait to report after a hot bite? Not sure about that one. Like Bush once said... "you can't be all things to all one" Has it been a hot bite lately? Well, I don't know work has been keeping me away from fishing.

I guess the only way to find out is "go fish." soon. And if its wide open balls out fishing I'll send you a P.M. Sherm. But thats just me.
I don't own the whole ocean just as small part of la Jolla in front of the condo - soooo stay away you PB's!
Old 11-18-2010, 04:02 PM   #68
surfnutnj

Did not know saying you saw a guy catch a fish constitutes as posting a fish report for him....?

I get the point though so i am done with this convo. I will continue to do what I usually do, use these boards to exchange occasional information about fishing, and leave the reports up to guys like the Darkhorse.

Cheers
Old 11-18-2010, 04:45 PM   #69
Fiskadoro

Quote:
Originally Posted by driftwood View Post
I post what I can, but I'll also say I have got shit in the past for posting reports, especially about La Jolla, probably for good reason.

My only saltwater report in a good while was the SBI report and I got away with that because it's essentially harmless. No-one could get thier panties in a wad, or claim that that report ruined a bite or lead to overfishing. I post freshwater no fish reports cuz... well... I mean who cares

Bottom line: there's things you can post and things you can't, and it takes time to figure it out...

I do not post real time La Jolla reports, lobster reports with locations, or any reports with inshore white sebass bites. Sue me but I have seen the problems those types of reports cause.

Actually this thread reminds me of one from BD a while back where some guy poached a pic from this website and posted it saying: Huge Yellow On Yak Yesterday...!!!!
My response was: "You rock..... Way to poach someone else's info and broadcast it to the whole frigging world."

You'd think that was common sense. that it's bad form to steal someones info from another, and then post it on the biggest website in So.Cal. but then I got a bunch of these types of responses:

"99% of kayakers in La Jolla are also BD fans. There is no issue. Jim Day does not represent us, I wish he would shut his fxxxxxx mouth."

Some of those negative responses were from people who post here.

I guess what I'm saying here is you just can't win. People have to learn things on their own time table, and no matter what you say some jerk is probably going to have something negative to say about it. So you have to figure it out for yourself and then post what you think is right. It's weird... I mean on one hand I wish people posted more La Jolla info so I could use it, but on the other hand I know it's not a great thing to do, and there is no reason for me to expect others to post theirs when I don't post mine.

I'd say stealing a report and then posting it on another board is in bad taste. Saying you saw someone catch a fish, while you were actually out there fishing, in contrast is not the same thing, or even that big of a deal in my opinion, but that is just my take.

Jim

Last edited by Fiskadoro; 11-18-2010 at 05:21 PM.
Old 11-19-2010, 01:43 AM   #70
jorluivil

Third bag of popcorn is in the micro.
Old 11-19-2010, 11:55 AM   #71
gupppy

i was referred to this website by a friend and see this flame war. pretty sad IMO. some act as if their life depended on fishing. i'm pretty sure 99% of those, if not all, that posted in here are NOT in that situation.
Old 11-19-2010, 06:06 PM   #72
GBF

Can I have some pop corn!!

I got beer to trade?

GBF
Old 11-19-2010, 07:34 PM   #73
BWE
Administrator

Nuff, this thread had gone crazy.
Closed Thread