Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-11-2015, 08:11 AM   #1
bolocop

Pro Angler Paddle solutions?

Can anyone post their idea on how to store the full length paddle on the Pro Angler without getting in the way? I would prefer that the paddle sit outside of the kayak but am unaware of the mounts to use. The best would be something that attaches to the metal bar. For a pre-2015 PA.

Thanks...
bolocop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2015, 08:13 AM   #2
HELLSTER INC.

I store mine in two pieces inside the hull, 1 on each side! No use for it while out on the water.
2018 SeaFox 248 Commander

Last edited by HELLSTER INC.; 06-11-2015 at 09:25 AM.
HELLSTER INC. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2015, 10:11 AM   #3
RockyRaab

The simplest thing would be two ball bungees. Next best would be a paddle clip screwed to the hull just below the gunwale.

I bought and installed two equipment grabbers normally used by fire departments. Mine are similar to these: http://www.batteryjunction.com/2-aex-easy-mount.html?gclid=CNHjrIieiMYCFcNafgodIjMAPA

They work great. I used nuts and bolts to attach them and had to move them once because they interfered with the tie-down straps I use to cartop my Pro-Angler. No sweat. I just squoozed a bit of Goop in the old bolt holes. Almost invisible repair.
RockyRaab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2015, 10:24 AM   #4
Maxfli123

Hobie sells kayak paddle clips, get a H rail mount for it. I haven't looked into it but I bet with the new HRail on the PAs you will find they may even make exactly what you want. Call oex they will put you in the right direction.
If you don't use the paddle on the water then do what I do put half inside and leave the other half with me...that way I can maneuver around the docks and such when pitching the pilings.
I think Rocky has the quickest and most inexpensive solution(:
Maxfli123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2015, 05:44 PM   #5
LPetro
Junior

Hobie paddle clip or ot shock cord fasteners, two selfl sealing well nuts, your choice is shock it'd length and placement.. I'm asuming 5/8 mm. Shock cord is what you need but double check.. P.s. Keep the components of you Marage drive in good shape and you won't worry so much about your paddle. Paddling is for emergencies!!! Peddling is for Hands free use.
LPetro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2015, 06:29 PM   #6
svendawg

Paddle holder

I copied this from someone else that posted this idea with detailed instructions, but I can't find the post. Maybe some else knows where it is.

It basically a piece of bungee with a tab of webbing sewn on each end. Punch a hole in the webbing and screw it under the rail on the PA.

On the inside where the web pocket is remove one of the screws and put one of those bungee buttons and screw it back (with longer screw)onto the wed pocket. You can make two and have the option of the paddle on either side. Has worked great for me.

If you need better pictures let me know or if you see me at one of the HOW events you can check it out on my PA.
(not showing off the fish. It's the only photo I could find with the paddle attached to the holder)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 21 Gonzaga March 2015.jpg (61.7 KB, 73 views)
File Type: jpg 2015.jpg (84.6 KB, 73 views)
svendawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2015, 07:12 PM   #7
bolocop

Thanks for all the ideas!
bolocop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2015, 07:47 PM   #8
nacho66

Here is what i have, put them on the Pro Angler Rail.

http://www.amazon.com/Paddle-Keepers.../dp/B00EKQKLM2

Cheers,
nacho66 is offline   Reply With Quote