Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-06-2011, 04:19 PM   #21
bellcon

can we drag them all to lagoona?
(including the crazy lady?)
Old 03-06-2011, 04:59 PM   #22
Tman
BRTF...bought & paid...

Maybe we could come up with some t-shirts, and plan a midday lunch break...paddle in to Children's Pool, plop down beach chairs, a BBQ, and have a nice lunch, pot luck style...and I am serious...

Possible t-shirt slogans...

..........SEALS
the other white meat

..........SEALS
betcha can't eat just one

..........SEALS
.......taste great

And my pick...

........PREY
......4 SEALS

Tman
Gaffer for Clay the Fishcatcher
Tman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 06:41 PM   #23
tony

Found this interesting...One of the bullhorn crazy ladies- Dorata Valli- tried to nominate herself to the MLPA South Coast Regional Stake Holders Group..

http://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&q=...v5dJdqLwUe47GA

Wonder what her intentions were?

Also these idiots run Youtube videos where they are clearly harassing normal decent people and try to portray their victims as maniacs...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DfcS414_OoY

Where is County Mental Health when you need them??
tony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 08:24 PM   #24
Willy

Would it be harassing the seals if we brought a bullhorn to the beach and 'spoke' to the seals?
It wouldn't be touching them. Just talking to them.
Isn't it 'dialogue' that is the solution to any issue for the seal hugger types anyway?

Willy
Willy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 09:32 PM   #25
Billy V

According to the nutty camera woman

-If the Sun Shines - its harassment
-Legally Walk on a beach - its harassment
-Cut a loud fart - its harassment
-Swim in the ocean - its harassment
---------------------
She needs to go home and clean her dirty bloomers.
Old 03-07-2011, 07:31 AM   #26
taggermike

You can't fix stupid. I was at the CP last summer with my kids, just strolling along like a out of towner and encountered these kooks. I acted like I was naive to the whole ugly situation and let her go through her speel. It was rediculous but funny too. She told me the seals had been pupping on the this beach for thousands of years. I said I though the CP was man made and not that old. Didn't get a response to that. I pointed out, that too the best of my knowledge, very few if any pinnipeds ever bread on the mainland beaches in California. I got "that look", you know the poor-you-foolish-person look. I pointed out to her the grizzly bear on the California flag handily flying near by. She had no idea grizzlys used to roam the beaches of CA. I said her NO pinniped would ever drop a pup any where a bear had access to. They would pup on the islands or coastal rocks. Gotta love the angry look I got back. Most/all of these folks have absolutely zero knowledge of biology, ecology, or history but they sure had plenty of people listening to thier bs. MIke
taggermike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 08:34 AM   #27
Riskey Water

" The incident resulted in a federal citation ." This was part of the description caption .Is this BS or did that poor guy get a ticket for retrieving his ball .I say bring on the man in the grey suit ,we need a new sheriff in these here waters
Riskey Water is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 08:42 AM   #28
Riskey Water

Hey TMAN ,on that shirt idea how about " SEALS its whats for dinner " and use the jaws poster image with a seal instead of the girl
Old 03-08-2011, 11:00 PM   #29
dsafety
Olivenhain Bob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riskey Water View Post
Hey TMAN ,on that shirt idea how about " SEALS its whats for dinner " and use the jaws poster image with a seal instead of the girl
I like this one. We have to have a graphic artist and a silk screaner in our family. Someone make it happen.

Bob
dsafety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 06:33 AM   #30
maui jim

Are those Seal Nut Nazis, I'm sorry "activists" (That's the Mel Gibson coming out in me. I mis-typed, I was drunk and need rehab)

But, harrasing the Federal Protected Seagulls from perching on the upper level of the bluffs so the Gulls have a view in order to eat the seal placenta form the birthing process that is a natural food resource for the protected Seagulls

They are disrupting the natural habitat, balance, and daily activities of those poor, poor Seagulls...my god.... I got to get no life, and a camera and I'm there....

Maybe I should bring them some fresh Deer Jerkey as peace offering....

SAVE THE SEAGULL'S FROM STARVATION.....Return the Gulls habitat damit..
Old 03-09-2011, 06:55 AM   #31
Hunters Pa

We could have sea lion pinatas. Bring your own club.
Hunters Pa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 07:27 AM   #32
bigbarrels

Quote:
Originally Posted by maui jim View Post
Are those Seal Nut Nazis, I'm sorry "activists" (That's the Mel Gibson coming out in me. I mis-typed, I was drunk and need rehab)

But, harrasing the Federal Protected Seagulls from perching on the upper level of the bluffs so the Gulls have a view in order to eat the seal placenta form the birthing process that is a natural food resource for the protected Seagulls

They are disrupting the natural habitat, balance, and daily activities of those poor, poor Seagulls...my god.... I got to get no life, and a camera and I'm there....

Maybe I should bring them some fresh Deer Jerkey as peace offering....

SAVE THE SEAGULL'S FROM STARVATION.....Return the Gulls habitat damit..

Classic! Those people are definitely disrupting prime seagull habitat.......I can donate some Elk Jerky
bigbarrels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 07:57 AM   #33
old_rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony View Post
Found this interesting...One of the bullhorn crazy ladies- Dorata Valli- tried to nominate herself to the MLPA South Coast Regional Stake Holders Group..

http://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&q=...v5dJdqLwUe47GA

Wonder what her intentions were?

Also these idiots run Youtube videos where they are clearly harassing normal decent people and try to portray their victims as maniacs...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DfcS414_OoY

Where is County Mental Health when you need them??
Whoever that guy was on the video handled the situation very well and DID set a good example for his son - showing him how to handle the woman.

Don't know what federal law he is breaking. At one time there was a rope down there - not in the video.

I bet each time it rains, the run-off causes more of a problem for the seals than anyone walking the beach or getting a ball.

If that woman has her kids around during this, she is keeping future psychiatrists employed.
old_rookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 08:35 AM   #34
rogersmith

I would urge everyone who has a strong opinion on the seal thing to think something through. I know, the first reaction, mine as well, is to say its about the agenda of wacko environmentalists placing animals' rights over people. The same agenda that has led to the MLPA and absolute looney "species management" that is actually anti fishing legislation built on messed up moral judgement. Believe me, I see the point here. Mother Nature ceded the SoCal coast to human use a long time ago, protecting seal access in a developed area is pretty silly. Yes, if dissuaded from living there they will find more appropriate alternatives., which do exist.

But, I am from New Jersey and for the angler there, ACCESS is everything. When I look at this debate I see wealthy home owners who dont like traffic, crowds, noise. And thats it; wealth and power driving a local political agenda. If you asked me to be completly objective without the enviro angle, sometimes I think its fare to say its a farce that this beach needs to be reserved for "children". There are MILES of beaches in San Diego; pick another to play frisbee. La Jolla shores is right down the road.

I see both sides of this though. And while I would support fighting the ridiculous agenda of the enviros, be VERY CAREFUL about what money and power can do as well. Today they dont like the traffic and crowds the seals bring, tomorrow they will object to some aspect, real or imagined, of fishing activities and then we will be on the chopping block. This was the case year in and year out in NJ. Some trash on the beach? No more parking allowed! Couple of hooks on the rocks? No fishing signs go up. All to protect the privacy of the little enclaves of the rich and connected. It was a travesty. I was threatened with police once for LOOKING at a lake in a "private" community in NJ, told I was trespassing. A naturally occuring lake no less, not a product of a dam!!

Remember, look at how the MLPA process went, most or all of the actual worthwhile aspects of it were stripped: polution, development and runoff management. What emerged was the enviro victory over the weakest target, rec fishing. The commercial interests and their $$$ got their way.

Im not saying lets all hug the seals, but think about how enabling the agenda of local wealth can lead to curtailed public access and use of shore fishing locations, launch spots, parking, etc.

Now I will duck and cover
rogersmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 09:44 AM   #35
Zed
BANNED

Old 03-09-2011, 10:42 AM   #36
umtduckhead

emotational based thought fueled by ignorance= HIPPIE.. clearly a woman that hates PEOPLE! there is one video i watched of her and theres a group of people looking at the seals relatively close, she starts BALLING HER EYES OUT on this video... stupid..
umtduckhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 11:01 AM   #37
dorado50

Here ya go Bob... Perhaps when your not fishing you can rally the family together and counter protest with these!

dorado50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 11:07 AM   #38
Riskey Water

I like the shirt Dorado also like the idea of a family BBQ at C P where the kids bash a Seal Pinata .It could be loaded up with candy and plastic swimbaits .HAHAHAHAHAHA
Old 03-09-2011, 11:29 AM   #39
Hunters Pa

Quote:
Originally Posted by dorado50 View Post
Here ya go Bob... Perhaps when your not fishing you can rally the family together and counter protest with these!

Could always do a red tie-dye (blood spatter) pattern. Really mess with em
Hunters Pa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 04:08 PM   #40
sixgunn
Junior

wow, you guys got a real powder Keg down there.
Looking at all the videos, I'm surprised people aren't getting killed over that crap.
Up here in the North West, we realize those thing eat fish, & when the population grows too high, we run low on fish, the Puget sound hasnt had a big problem with shark declines, we don't actually have many sharks that are big enough to eat a seal
Anglers here have 2 major competitors for Salmon, Seals & Indians... we cant do anything about the Indians, they have treaty rights, as far as the seals go... well I cant do anything about them either, but on the occasions that an Indian kills a seal, as long as he doesn't leave it on the beach, you'll hear no complaint from me. that's just one less competitor, & an opportunity to boost the salmon run.
sixgunn is offline   Reply With Quote