Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-07-2011, 06:40 AM   #1
Regor
Greg

Wader Pants - any reviews?

Been wearing "Waders" for a year and like the rest of us with no "Fly" zipper, been struggling after the morning cup or two of the morning brew of coffee

What I've read after searching for experience from others and what they are wearing is:

~ Waders with a fly
~ Dry Pants
~ Wet suits
~ ...... and ALL the "other" ways of ...... relieving ones self

What I have not see is any review on :
Breathable Wader Pants.

They are the same material as a Hodgmans breathable wader, with attached booties, but they are only pants. Probably the roughest parts of the chest high waders are the height of the wader and the straps. I gotta think that the pants would make life a little easier.

Understandable is the risk of water entry at the waist of the pants, but if the water is above my pants waist in the yak I'm in trouble. If I'm wearing waders, I'm usually wearing a waterproof coat also, covering the waist and preventing water splash/entry.

So, has anyone used this type of pants, and have any experience:

http://www.froggtoggs.com/#wading/breathable/2717125/

Thx
Greg
Regor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 08:25 AM   #2
mike m
Junior

waders

I sometimes use waist high waders, but always get water in through the waist even when wearing a dry top. I have found that caddis zip front breathable waders work best for me. I also have Simms waders I use for fly fishing but the zipper doesn't come down far enough for easy use when sitting in a Kayak.
mike m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 08:33 AM   #3
deepdvr

I just got a pair of Kokatat Tempest dry pants from Andy at OEX Sunset Beach. Only worn them once but so far I love them. It was a super sloppy day and my a** stayed nice and dry. A million times easier to take a piss and less cumbersome.

Obviously you need to wear a dry top if conditions are messy but its now my go to and my waders are for back up only.
deepdvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 09:01 AM   #4
JoeBeck

I've been wearing the Kokatat Tempest pants for over a year. Great dry pants, never get wet, usually wear jeans or sweats underneath and a dry top. Easy to take a leak. I also have a pair of waist high waders, I don't like them as much, the tempest have a better waist strap, but the waist high waders do well, a bit warmer, easy to take a leak, and I have not got wet in those either. I think the key to not getting wet is matching it with an extrasport jacket or something similar to this. They have a wetsuit type dry material with velcro straps that seem to seal out water well as does the tempest pants.

http://www.sierratradingpost.com/p/3...t-For-Men.html
JoeBeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 09:02 AM   #5
mtnbykr2

sounds like another item for your Fred Hall wish list...
mtnbykr2 is offline   Reply With Quote