Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-03-2011, 05:53 PM   #1
premo

catalina on a budget?

So, I learned recently that the Catalina Flyer offers an annual round-trip pass from Newport Beach to Avalon for $300(regular round ticket is 68$ so 4,5 trips and you start saving) and I’m thinking hmmmm, Catapalooza all year long? Since I don’t have a boat this might be a good way for me to do more kayak fishing at Catalina on a budget. The idea is to take the ferry out on Saturday mornings, fish all weekend, then return on the last trip back to Newport late Sunday(boat is leaving at 9am fron NPH and departure from Avalon at 4:30pm so you can come back same day-for schedule info check cat flier web sides http://www.balboapavilion.com/catalina.html so far look like they cruising every day from march to november and limited december-february at least thats how I understand it,please corect me if I am wrong). There is a boat yard near Avalon where I could store my kayak ($30 a month / less if I got more people to do this), a nice campground near Avalon that rents tents, and cheap cab fares for getting around on the island. The only other challenge would be getting my kayak to Catalina which is solved by a one-time trip out of Marina Del Rey. I’m looking for feedback. Is this more trouble than it would be worth or am I on to something here?this can be interesting for lobster fishermens,mountain bikers,spear fishermans...

Last edited by premo; 05-03-2011 at 08:52 PM.
premo is offline   Reply With Quote