Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion

Old 05-26-2018, 08:00 AM   #1
jbl_91762

Islander 1.5 spots left

I just learned that there are several spots left for June 12-14 out to San Clemente Island. Thinking about trying it, but not sure about how good the fishing is out there and what to expect as never been. Anyone going or have been? It would be a good way to get used to overnights on a boat as I've never done that either and worry about getting seasick.
jbl_91762 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2018, 10:23 AM   #2
bosco

Islander Trip

I've been on 5 Islander Mothership Kayak trips. First class operation. Take a VHF hand held radio with you so you can contact guys on the skiff to bring you bait, burgers and beer! Yellowtail are iffy this early in the year. Calico bass, halibut and assorted rock fish are most common. You'll be fishing San Clement Island. Captains on the islander are usually informed of Navy be closures, but there have been times when we've gotten all the kayaks in the water and the navy showed up and told us they were closing the area, so we had to move about 5 miles. Hobie PA's are not allowed because of weight and storage issues. Send me a PM for more info.
bosco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2018, 06:22 PM   #3
Holy Mackerel
Señor member

Fishing off a kayak from the Islander at SCI, is probably top 3 kayak fishing experiences I have ever had. Just take meds or get a patch if you are sea sickness prone,
Holy Mackerel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2018, 06:39 PM   #4
FISH11

The Islander kayak trips to San Clemente are awesome. Go, just takes a patch in case you need it.
Old 05-27-2018, 05:37 AM   #5
jbl_91762

hmmm, you guys are forcing my hand! I only get motion sick if Im inside the boat not looking out at something and from what I gather the day and half is sleeping night before, fishing all day, then sleeping on way back in. I think I will be booking this trip. But rather hold off on the later trips as a standby since I really prefer YT.
jbl_91762 is offline   Reply With Quote