Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports

Old 10-24-2005, 06:33 PM   #1
Iceman
Administrator

Fresh off the Horn/Eastcape

Corey just called me to let me know that he caught and released an estimated 100 pound striped marlin on day one of their trip. He said he hooked it slow trolling a mackeral and shit himself when it jumped over his bow. Said he also pulled a 14 inch mackeral out of the mouth of an estimated 30# dorado. Senor Corndawg said if anything epic occurs tomorrow that he'll call and let me know. I guess they got pix and video of the marlin. Kurt is on the trip as well and on day one his highlight was that he came across a dead pufferfish floating.
Old 10-24-2005, 06:35 PM   #2
madscientist

I was wondering what was up with the corny one. Sounds like he's just fine. Awesome.

Hope Kurt gets it together. :lol:
madscientist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2005, 11:20 AM   #3
lamb

wow. :shock:

can't wait for the report...
Old 10-25-2005, 06:04 PM   #4
DESTROYER

I'm telling you guys, Punta Colorada is the place to go. Todd and I are putting a group together for next year. Airfare, food, taxi, beer, Qualude Ritas, Trophy Fish=$1000-$1400. The best money I have ever spent...I'm sure Corndawg will tell you the same thing.

Moyer
DESTROYER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2005, 10:14 PM   #5
DESTROYER

I guess Corndawg is having the time of his life, already pulling on not one but two Marlin....It's killing me!

TL-Matt
Old 10-29-2005, 06:18 AM   #6
kurt

I'm gonna keep this quick, since I've only slept about an hour and I know some people want to see a photo of the...

PUFFER!!! :lol:
And I got a couple good photos once I realized that with the digital, you have to anticipate the jump.

The fish jumping in the photos is a marlin, while Alonso, a fantastic panguero captain, and I hold a ~8ft, 130+ lb sailfish, with Hotel Punta Colorado in the background. That fish was caught from the panga. It was epic bill fishing, with marlin or sailfish caught every day. The fishing for other species was pretty dead, although it was hard to concentrate on them with the big boys biting so well. Such a rush! I don't know if LaJolla will ever be the same after having a sailfish slamming his bill into my kayak about a foot away from me. :shock: Those aren't heated seats, I just shit my pants. :twisted: Time to sleep, and WHITE SOX ARE WORLD CHAMPIONS! What a week!
kurt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2005, 10:07 AM   #7
Corey

Gotta make this quick, but a full eport w/pics will come later. Sorry Andy, but I had to keep the room tab down, so I didn't call on Tuesday to tell you that I got another striped Marlin, this one estimated at 120#. This one tried to attack as Jim and I were making our first attempt at landing it. We got it all on video, so we should have a bitchin' video of the trip coming soon from Jim.

You are absolutely right Matt - This place is epic! I'm definitely in for next year.

And Kurt, nice PUFFER!!!! Those jumper pics came out great.

more to come.....

corey
Corey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2005, 10:57 AM   #8
madscientist

Tremendous!
madscientist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2005, 07:14 AM   #9
DESTROYER

Todd and myself are planning on a seven day trip in August 2006. It's always much funner when you go down with a bunch of friends, plus it makes it easier on Jim. Let me know if your interested so that I can get you the rest of the info.

Matt
Old 10-30-2005, 10:27 AM   #10
Corey

I'm in for sure, bro. I think Kurt could be coerced into going as well. give me a call. 714-969-4012.

c
Corey is offline   Reply With Quote