Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion

Old 08-31-2012, 10:31 AM   #1
CheapPelican

Tidelands @ Night?

Anybody fish tidelands at night? Where's parking. I've parked as close to the parking lot as I could after hours, but don't feel like walking the 300yds. Any other options within a reasonable peddling distance?
CheapPelican is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 10:49 AM   #2
inbx3

What about the parking lot near the pool/boat launch area? Don't know if they have a no parking time.
inbx3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 09:01 AM   #3
taggermike

Tidelands used to be open longer but now I think they have a 10 or 10:30 cerfew out there. I used to fish the grunion runs and I was bummed that to get chased off early. Maybe check with the coronado police or city office. Mike
taggermike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 09:53 AM   #4
CheapPelican

Quote:
Originally Posted by inbx3 View Post
What about the parking lot near the pool/boat launch area? Don't know if they have a no parking time.
Will check it out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by taggermike View Post
Tidelands used to be open longer but now I think they have a 10 or 10:30 cerfew out there. I used to fish the grunion runs and I was bummed that to get chased off early. Maybe check with the coronado police or city office. Mike
The one time I was there, we were loading up past 12am and a Police car drove through the parking lot. Thought they were going to give us a hard time, but they saw what we were doing and didn't even stop. People were getting dropped off on the beach, at all hours, to take the dingys to the moored boats. Some were even driving onto the beach. I'm guessing they were the locals who live on the water, so in figure coming and going is ok.
Old 09-01-2012, 11:45 AM   #5
finyak

Just south of the ferry landing and south of Peolis and the Italian restaurant there is a small beach maybe 200'long.I talked with the security guard there and they said you can park in that lot to go yaking and it doesn't close.Go to google maps for the overhead view.And let me know when your going if you don't mind the company.

Finyak
finyak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 11:53 AM   #6
jbaker

The beach is at the end of il fornio, nice lighted lot with lots of parking. Great access to the dole docks across the bay. Or the cable crossing google search Il Fornio Coronado and look at the map. Gloreitta bay boat ramp is another good spot, launch at the ramp and park on the street. They have a fresh water wash down too, just bring a hose.
jbaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 04:07 PM   #7
thefisher

Just park at the Coronado Ferry Landing, north of tidelands part. Small little beach you can launch from.
thefisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 06:05 PM   #8
CheapPelican

Quote:
Originally Posted by finyak View Post
Just south of the ferry landing and south of Peolis and the Italian restaurant there is a small beach maybe 200'long.I talked with the security guard there and they said you can park in that lot to go yaking and it doesn't close.Go to google maps for the overhead view.And let me know when your going if you don't mind the company.

Finyak
Doesn't close? That works.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbaker View Post
...Gloreitta bay boat ramp is another good spot, launch at the ramp and park on the street. They have a fresh water wash down too, just bring a hose.
This sounds even better, but can you park there all night?

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefisher View Post
Just park at the Coronado Ferry Landing, north of tidelands part. Small little beach you can launch from.
I stopped there once and talked to a guy who fishes there all the time. He said you're allowed to park there untill 12 or 2 am , I cant remember which, but security doesn't hastle people if they stay after.

Last edited by CheapPelican; 09-01-2012 at 06:14 PM.
Old 09-01-2012, 06:16 PM   #9
Dennis

Quote:
Originally Posted by finyak View Post

Finyak
X2, used that launch plenty of times. Just be careful, there could be a lot of boat traffic on that side at night.
Old 09-01-2012, 07:56 PM   #10
jbaker

This sounds even better, but can you park there all night?

Actually your not allowed to park in the boat ramp lot with out a trailer, but I've never been hassled. You park along the highway, or in front of the pool. There's always cars parked there for a few weeks while guys are deployed from anfib base. Bring a hose for the wash down. It's about a mile to the bridge, lots of boat docks, or the flats south of the bridge are all good spots
jbaker is offline   Reply With Quote