Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-16-2013, 05:16 PM   #21
rhyak

Quote:
Originally Posted by COLDCUT View Post
I'm a total noob here since I just recently purchased kayaks for my boy and I. I don't really have any prior tournament kayak fishing experience either but I do know the gang down at OEX Mission Bay are a great bunch of guys. Perhaps an easy going tourney out at Mission Bay with a BBQ on Fiesta Island would be a fun, easy event to put together. Either way, I think getting my son and I involved in a few tournaments sounds like a lot of fun. I think a few of my fishing buddies up in the Temecula area would definitely be interested as well.

I think the best part would be just getting guys together with there family and friends and enjoying time on the water. Its really not even about the prizes for most guys just a bonus.

If the guys want to have something around there store that would be a blast to start with...

Maybe start with paddle~n~fish. Those are really fun as well.

Ryan

rhyak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 06:19 PM   #22
MATTUSMC
Junior

Entry was $75... If someone was interested in putting on a full blown big event, I would recommend reaching out to the board members at www.tkaa.org.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 11-17-2013, 11:59 AM   #23
makobob
Baitless on Baja

Location: Vista California, Gonzaga, San Quintin, Asuncion, Mag Bay
I would like to thank everyone who took the time to reply, some pretty good ideas and plenty of food for thought. Now I wonder if ................?????

Makobob

Home 760-630-4470
Cell 760-520-2514

YES YOU CAN
makobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 12:29 PM   #24
T-Rex

Quote:
Originally Posted by cabojohn View Post
/\
I'd like to see BOTH tourneys come back.
Ditto! I really enjoyed Jas's events, the Steve Moyer Memorial and the Plastic Navy Tournament Trail and miss them all. It's a huge amount of work for the organizers and volunteers. I've always felt they should be compensated for all the work they do and wouldn't mind paying more to participate in these events. Otherwise the folks doing all the planning and work are gonna get burned out eventually.
Old 11-17-2013, 02:58 PM   #25
Siebler

I personally would love to see a nice big Mission Bay event in the spring and a San Diego bay event in the fall again. I know Iceman has wanted to do something again as well but like Paul said it is a ton of work and our few dates this year that were chosen flopped repeatedly (including Dana Point due to possible size).

Im thinking early April in Mission Bay. If Andy will help me and we can get a few others to help as well I am all in. Sponsors never seem to be an issue as our vendors are very generous and always willing when I ask (especially when its a HOW benefit).

Siebler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 12:18 PM   #26
Pocoloco

Quote:
Originally Posted by t-$money bussard View Post
honestly, i miss the plastic navy tournament trail... those were great tournaments.
bring on the plastic navy
Pocoloco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 07:44 PM   #27
t-$money bussard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pocoloco View Post
bring on the plastic navy

t-$money bussard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 07:01 AM   #28
Margarita Mike

Allens kayaks, Ricks-Cobra kayaks, kayakfishingaddicts, Moyers, Plastic Navy, Jas's events and BWE and many more have all been alot of fun. I helped out with many and seen the work that goes into them. Its like alot of Tourneys or clubs, you have 200 people but only 5 to 10 people doing all the work. Its a labor of love for sure.
With all the permits, etc. that go into tourneys now a days, it was just to much for a few to do. Everyone wanted big raffles and if you didn't have that, few showed up. Is it really about raffles? or just getting out and fishing for a day with great people? Maybe a BBQ, or a few beers.
I like others have gott' n old after 25 plus years of kayaking, but still love doing it. I've slowed down alot in those years, but still enjoy wagering $5 with my friends.
God Bless those who want to put something together, I'll be there.
Just my 2cents
Margarita Mike is offline   Reply With Quote