Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-13-2009, 08:36 AM   #1
bigbarrels

punta colorado

Has anybody been down to Punta Colorada recently? How is the kayak fishing in front of the hotel? I hear they have unbelievable puffer fish fishing down there and was thinking about checking it out. My schedule doesn't line up with one of Jim Sammons guided trips and so hoping to go down and stay at Hotel Punta Colorada and rent the kayaks (instead of a Abreojos trip) and pangas.Thanks in advance

Last edited by bigbarrels; 07-13-2009 at 08:51 AM.
bigbarrels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 08:08 PM   #2
C. Cary

It has been about 3-4 years since my last trip to Punta Colorada. I love the place. I didn't kayak fish there but I would think it would be pretty good. On Pangas we have slow trolled in front of Punta Colorada and south to the lighthouse in tight to the shore for roosters. The shore fishing is alot of fun also. There is a good amount of rocky structure around. At the end of the day when the boats are coming in the they moor to the south of the hotel. They dump there left over bait there and that ususally stirs up the fishing. My dad and I have both caught nice Jack Crevalle's from the beach fishing that spot at the end of the day.
Punta Colorada is a true get a way vacation, you will have a blast.

C. Cary
C. Cary is offline   Reply With Quote