Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-07-2017, 01:02 AM   #1
makobob
Baitless on Baja

Location: Vista California, Gonzaga, San Quintin, Asuncion, Mag Bay
The lowly hiccup

New post on Mako-ville

Hiccup, hiccup the lowly hiccup.
by Makobob

The hiccups have started, hiccup! Not feeling well. Too much food? Indigestion? You ask your self what is going on, why me? Each hiccup can be explosive. You feel them in your diaphragm. The lower back and ribs contract with each and every one. You ask when are they going to stop. They hurt little the first few hours. All you want is for them to stop.

You try drinking water up side down. You breath in a paper bag. Someone suggests peanut butter. You give it a try. Holding your breath, rapid breathing nothing seems to slow them down.

Nothing seems to work, they just keep coming. You sneeze, they are gone for a minute or two. Then back with a vengeance. You go to bed that 1st night, hoping they will disappear in your sleep.

What sleep? Did not happen. EVERYTHING hurts with each hiccup. Its 5 am and the dawn of a new day. You view the sunrise and hope for a better day. 26 hours have passed.

You have been in paradise for a week of a planned two-week fishing venture. Baja is warm and inviting as the sun rises. The hiccups continue, it is now day two, at 8 in the morning. 30 hours and counting. Decision time.

Day break, decision time

Leave Gonzaga or tough it out. Lucky my friends made the decision for me. By 9 am we were on our way back to So. Cal. Thank you Dave and Robert. Very wise of you, to get me home.

I would have chosen to stay in my beloved Baja. By 3 pm we arrived in Vista Ca. at Tri City Hospital. The hiccups continued all the way to the hospital. There is no cure for the lowly hiccup. Old wives tails but no cure. Lot's of advice but no cure. Maybe Karma can help? I hope so.

Day three, all lab work ups are back. Hiccups, yes you got them. Infected foot, still infected. Diabetes under control. Yep your still have the hiccup contractions.

Very fitful sleep, hiccup, hiccup. Non stop 24 hours a day. OUCH. They put me on anti biotic for the infection. Thorazine for the hiccups, not helping. I ask the doctor for something else. He said sorry, tough it out. No trip to Gonzaga for him. His karma level is low, as is his be side manner.

Day 7, 6 am, I waken to no hiccups, An hour later they are back. hiccup, burp, hiccup. Will it never end? Last night I finally got some sleep for a few hours. Maybe, I can only hope. Hiccups be gone, please?

Day 9, hiccup, hiccup, hiccup. 11 am they are gone for 3 hours, I hold my breath. 5 pm they are back for about 10 minutes. Gone again. I get a GREAT nights sleep. Maybe the end is in sight?

There was no DAY 10, they have left the universe. Gone, disappeared, but NOT forgotten. Will they return? Time will tell. No idea where they went. Glad they are gone, but for how long?

Maybe tomorrow, or next week, or never. No body know, why they come into our lives. Where or why they leave is a mystery too. For a while they were my friends. They let me KNOW I was alive. Do I or will I miss them? Maybe not, they ruined a trip to Baja. And now I have to take anti biotic every day for 2 months.

Baja at New Years is calling. Foot, heal up fast, infection BE GONE for good this time. Gonzaga calls every morning and night. 57 days and counting. All because of my friend the lowly HICCUP. Some friends you keep close. Others like the hiccup are best kept at arm's length. YES they made me feel alive, but my ribs are still sore a week after they disappeared. Good bye amigos, with luck we will not soon meet again.

In the mean time I will work on my KARMA levels. Karma is key to most things in life. Good Karma and health go hand in hand.

Home 760-630-4470
Cell 760-520-2514

YES YOU CAN
makobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2017, 03:47 PM   #2
tacmik

a bottle of jack daniels. if they don't go away, you don't care. stay well bob
Old 11-07-2017, 04:39 PM   #3
makobob
Baitless on Baja

Location: Vista California, Gonzaga, San Quintin, Asuncion, Mag Bay
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacmik View Post
a bottle of jack daniels. if they don't go away, you don't care. stay well bob
Thanks, sea you saturday at Tidelands amigo.

Home 760-630-4470
Cell 760-520-2514

YES YOU CAN
makobob is offline   Reply With Quote