Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-09-2015, 11:14 AM   #1
Dee84cali

Newport

Launched at 7 from kids beach,stopped at the bait barge got some chovies and a few sardines only for them to die within ten minutes in our paddle (used aerator) lesson learned, need a bait tank.. The only 2 chovies we where able to use that where live caught caught a Bonita and barracuda Ended the day in the harbor, got a few bites and a great time.. *thanks hunter pa for letting me barrow your kayak and some equipment
Dee84cali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2015, 11:27 AM   #2
ROSSOLY

Thanks for the report, I'm going out tomorrow.

Where abouts did you hook up with the bonito? TIA
ROSSOLY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2015, 11:38 AM   #3
Dee84cali

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROSSOLY View Post
Thanks for the report, I'm going out tomorrow.

Where abouts did you hook up with the bonito? TIA

Right by the buoy
Dee84cali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2015, 02:12 PM   #4
Harry Hill

I made my first salt water excursion today, launched from Coast Guard Beach with Amish Ed, stayed in the harbor casting soft baits for spotties. We caught mostly small spotties, I caught two that were just a bit short so nothing came home for dinner. I fell getting out of my kayak because of my new knees, Ed looked at me and said," you aren't ready for La Jolla" that was really funny. Thanks Ed for showing me around. I had a school of little barracuda attack my bait right below the boat, they were fun to watch even though I didn't hook any of them. I also fought what looked like a corvina for a couple of minutes before he came off the hook.
Harry Hill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2015, 03:24 PM   #5
ROSSOLY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Hill View Post
I made my first salt water excursion today, launched from Coast Guard Beach with Amish Ed, stayed in the harbor casting soft baits for spotties. We caught mostly small spotties, I caught two that were just a bit short so nothing came home for dinner. I fell getting out of my kayak because of my new knees, Ed looked at me and said," you aren't ready for La Jolla" that was really funny. Thanks Ed for showing me around. I had a school of little barracuda attack my bait right below the boat, they were fun to watch even though I didn't hook any of them. I also fought what looked like a corvina for a couple of minutes before he came off the hook.
Welcome to the salt water. Sounds like this is the first of many trips.
ROSSOLY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2015, 04:25 PM   #6
Hunters Pa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dee84cali View Post
Launched at 7 from kids beach,stopped at the bait barge got some chovies and a few sardines only for them to die within ten minutes in our paddle (used aerator) lesson learned, need a bait tank.. The only 2 chovies we where able to use that where live caught caught a Bonita and barracuda Ended the day in the harbor, got a few bites and a great time.. *thanks hunter pa for letting me barrow your kayak and some equipment

You are very welcome. Glad you could get your brother out. Now we need to make you a bait tank
Hunters Pa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2015, 08:35 AM   #7
octico

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Hill View Post
Ed's a great guy to fish with. Glad you has a good time.
octico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2015, 07:25 AM   #8
carbonbass

next time drag the dead ones around on the bottom near pilings for the flat kind!
carbonbass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2015, 07:55 AM   #9
Harry Hill

where is the baby beach?
Harry Hill is offline   Reply With Quote