Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-11-2012, 06:46 PM   #1
smithers

New Hobie Leaking?

Wanted a kayak for a year now. Today my Revo 11 arrived.

Soon as I got home from work I read the literature, then dropped it in the pool, mainly to get a feel for stability and re-entry.

It was only in the water for 15 minutes, and during this time was tipped three times. All hatches closed tight.

When I was done I removed it from the pool and noticed quite a bit of water splashing around the hull. Maybe a half gallon or more.

What's up? Was hoping to take it out in the harbor this weekend but I need to find out first whether I have a leak. Got a bilge pump on order so if this is normal after a roll I'll deal with it, but it doesn't seem normal to me. Thought the hull would stay dry inside with all hatches closed.

Any advice appreciated. Thanks!

P.S. I plan on doing a lot of yak fishing this year, either heading south to Malibu or north to Channel Islands / Oxnard / Hueneme / Ventura. Any yakkers looking for a fishing buddy around these areas please send a PM. I'm 36, easy going, crazy about fishing, and can't wait to land my first out of the yak. Thx.
smithers is offline   Reply With Quote