Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-13-2014, 04:57 PM   #1
ship 4 brains

Mothership trips cancelled???!

I just spoke with the guys at OEX who told me that most of the trips will not go due to lack of participation.

How can this be? Every year these sell out and this year almost all are being scrubbed!

I'm registered for the 2.5 day on 5/29. They said only 6 of the spots are sold and they need 17.

Come on guys. I'll cry myself to sleep on my pillow if I don't get my me time on the Islander.

Let's rally and fill this rascal!!!!
ship 4 brains is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2014, 05:04 PM   #2
Cadillyak
Team Get $$

All I have to say is let PA's play too. If this were so, I would of participated.
Cadillyak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2014, 05:05 PM   #3
ful-rac
Emperor

Well I know one of the reasons is they don't allow PAs. Since a lot of us have switched over to the PA in the past couple of years, the PA ban has effectively excluded us from the trip. It's unfortunate because we always enjoyed fishing on the Islander.

But on the Brightside it has made us look into other fishing options, like fishing different areas, mexico, up north etc...

Hopefully they'll figure out someway to bring the PAs Back.
Old 05-13-2014, 08:35 PM   #4
467echo
Rookie of the Month Club

If anyone wants to fish off of their yak, let me know. I have a 2 day trip on the Outer Limits on Labor Day weekend with open spots. This trip never disappoints.
Old 05-14-2014, 07:12 AM   #5
Siebler

While we all understand you are upset that PA's cant go, just think about how BIG they are and exactly what Tony said, most poeple have switched to them meaning it would limit the amount of kayaks that could be hauled by almost half and increase work load for the crew by double or more.

Could you imagine having to be the guy pulling these out of the water then lifting over your head to get into rack? Not just one but 20 of them?

Or how about when we are trying to stage boats for launching? PA's are so big they take up the whole deck and make for an unsafe environment with people trying to pass them. Not to mention it would slow the process a ridiculous amount since you could only stage 2 at a time and would have to wait for every person to put on the seat and all their other gear.

The only way the Islander could even entertain doing PA's is by charging 2-3x the price per boat because they will take up that much more room. Would you rather pay 2-3x as much money to have your PA or get over it for a day or 2 and fish a smaller boat? Heck for 50.00 you can even rent one from OEX so no worries if you dont own a PA.

Siebler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 07:24 AM   #6
45user

So... All trips canceled? I hope not as I'm looking so forward to the May 1.5day
Thank you!
45user is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 08:32 AM   #7
Siebler

Exclamation

As of now only 2 trips are cancelled including the 5.5 day. Please see the Official Islander thread for up to date information on trips.

Siebler is offline   Reply With Quote