Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-26-2011, 10:42 AM   #1
Pampano
Junior

Question Fish Finder/GPS

Looking to buy a fish finder with GPS for my kayak. I have heard good reviews on the Eagle/Cuda 250, and within my price range. Any tips, comments or recommendations are greatly appreciated.

Thank you,
Pampano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 10:46 AM   #2
lbsurf2ca

Ive been looking at the HB 385 looks like it has great reviews. Anyone have anything on this model?
lbsurf2ca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 11:30 AM   #3
fishsouthcounty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pampano View Post
Looking to buy a fish finder with GPS for my kayak. I have heard good reviews on the Eagle/Cuda 250, and within my price range. Any tips, comments or recommendations are greatly appreciated.

Thank you,
I think you mean the 350....but from what i hear for the cost its worth it...thought about getting one myself. Got no other knowledge to offer you besides that. Good luck
fishsouthcounty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 11:43 AM   #4
Drake

Dont expect bells and whistles with the Eagle Cuda 350. As long as you dont set your hopes high for pristine quality and detailed maps, its a great unit for the cost, and it does its job very effectively.

I mainly use it for finding structure or sandy flat bottoms, and bait. The gps is very useful for marking said locations, or spots you wish to remember in the future.

I'd recommend it
Old 08-26-2011, 11:50 AM   #5
Pampano
Junior

Thanks Drake for the info! Just looking for something basic, I always believe, the few the better, make it simple and practical.

Thanks again!
Pampano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 01:06 PM   #6
Drake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pampano View Post
Thanks Drake for the info! Just looking for something basic, I always believe, the few the better, make it simple and practical.

Thanks again!
No problem! Don't think its not jammed packed with features, because it defiantly is! It's just not the prettiest thing in the world lol
Old 08-26-2011, 04:51 PM   #7
mtnbykr2

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbsurf2ca View Post
Ive been looking at the HB 385 looks like it has great reviews. Anyone have anything on this model?
I have a 385...works great easy use, reasonably priced
mtnbykr2 is offline   Reply With Quote