Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-11-2018, 10:49 AM   #1
acorad

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessorLongArms View Post
I found a nylon Velcro strap at West Marine that I mounted on the bow of my boat. I lash all of my rods together, and strap the tip end here.

I do this too, but...

...I strap a length of PVC pipe tightly in the velcro and then stick my rod tips into it.

That protects the tips from breakage.

Andy
acorad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2018, 07:59 AM   #2
TJones

2016 and below

7 ft rods or even larger could be placed through front hatch. when you get to butt of blank is where you will have to do the manipulating. be careful of front hatch gasket. it may separate at seam. I have done this technique many times with reels attached. you will most likely need to remove foam on inside of kayak. do this at own risk. I have not purchased a current outback with the newer hatch that has been resized. apparently, it has been reduced in size. putting rods on side of kayak in malibu is asking for trouble. I have broke a few guides. if you are using throw away rods or have money to burn, no big deal.
TJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2018, 08:01 AM   #3
TJones

great idea

Quote:
Originally Posted by acorad View Post
I do this too, but...

...I strap a length of PVC pipe tightly in the velcro and then stick my rod tips into it.

That protects the tips from breakage.

Andy
this should be posted in other forum. I may have missed this post? this could have saved me hundreds? great share. brilliant idea.
TJones is offline   Reply With Quote