Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-20-2012, 06:17 PM   #1
slobslayer

Mission or SD bay

Im going out thursday morning to fish for the first time in my new to me fish n dive. I wanna drift for halibut and possibly get some bass. Any input on whats been working and maybe where. I cant decide between which bay cause ive been fishing in my boat quite a bit in the big bay just wanna change things up maybe. Any recent reports would be appreciated and if anyone wants to go out as well let me know....thanks
slobslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 06:46 PM   #2
tasteslikechikn54

Quote:
Originally Posted by slobslayer View Post
Im going out thursday morning to fish for the first time in my new to me fish n dive. I wanna drift for halibut and possibly get some bass. Any input on whats been working and maybe where. I cant decide between which bay cause ive been fishing in my boat quite a bit in the big bay just wanna change things up maybe. Any recent reports would be appreciated and if anyone wants to go out as well let me know....thanks
Tidelands, maybe? I love this spot because you can fish the columns for spotties or you can opt out and do some drifts outside the yellow boyie... For the spotties I've been successful with lead heads and variety plastics... Cast towers the pilons, let it hit bottom and swim the bait back... Careful for yhe navy boats. If you get to close and theyre around they'll chew your @$$... For the halis catch some minnows and drift them just outside the yellow boyie. It's not too deep and its nice and sandy bottom... Good luck if you hit it. Keep us posted...
tasteslikechikn54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 10:02 AM   #3
taggermike

Mission Bay might be a bit more user friendly for a first timer. There are plenty of launch ramps or you can put in at about any beach or park area. SD Bay has heavy shipping, big ass tug boats, and hyper active navy security/coast guard/ home land security/harbor police/coast guard auxiliary/ that can all throw an anoying size and number of wakes at you. SD Bay just being bigger can also get rougher when the wind comes up. Mike
taggermike is offline   Reply With Quote