Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion

Old 05-02-2011, 10:39 AM   #1
Argentcroix
Junior

Yard Sale Training

Thanks to Jim, who led a fun and informative surf class last yesterday. I am sure that for many of you surf entry/exit is old hat, but for those of us just getting our feet wet (so to speak) its nice to have someone take the time to show us the ropes. Speaking only for myself, I found it pretty amazing how variable the surf was at the shores. Within a 20 minute span, the waves went from ouch, to where are they, and back to ouch again. Heading in and out of the surf got the girlfriend and I more than a few bumps and bruises to more than just the ego, but we also got quite a bit of confidence and awareness for that facet of the sport. If there are any of you that feel less than confident with the surf, talk to Jim about scheduling another class.

Thanks again Jim!
Argentcroix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 10:51 AM   #2
Socalrobt

I also attended the class yesterday. It is defiantly a must if you are going to go out in the open ocean and threw the surf. I learned some great techniques. It was a fun day with a very nice group of people. It is crazy how even the smallest wave will take you out. I recommend this class to anyone that is looking to improve there skills on a kayak.

A big thank you to Jim!
Socalrobt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 02:14 PM   #3
Jim Sammons LJKF

Thanks for coming out guys, the four of you made for a fun class and the waves were a good size to learn on, but made you pay if you made a mistake. Once you have the technique, going out and practicing will only make you better and more confidant. Going to try and do this class a little more frequently as I get calls for it on a regular basis.
JimSammons.com
Jim Sammons LJKF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 02:43 PM   #4
Siebler

Jim, I want to come see your next class, give me a shout when you do it. Ive done a little surf stuff with MO and such but wouldnt mind more expert instruction, Especially sinc eyour famous and all

Siebler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 03:04 PM   #5
mtnbykr2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Sammons LJKF View Post
Thanks for coming out guys, the four of you made for a fun class and the waves were a good size to learn on, but made you pay if you made a mistake. Once you have the technique, going out and practicing will only make you better and more confidant. Going to try and do this class a little more frequently as I get calls for it on a regular basis.
yeah after yesterday I need one of those refresher courses, and practice
mtnbykr2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 03:18 PM   #6
Jimmyz123

I'm down for one of these classes. Pride goes right out the window when it comes to safety.

God Bless,
JimmyZ

Jimmyz123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 07:26 AM   #7
sagwan1001
Junior

I'm one of the four who attended this class. This is my first time launching on the surf. I was a fun class and I learned a lot from it. Made a few mistakes on the class but Jim showed me what I was doing wrong. I am confident that with practice I will eliminate those mistakes.

I highly recommend this class to any one who is new to the sport.

Thanks Jim!
sagwan1001 is offline   Reply With Quote