Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-27-2017, 09:28 PM   #1
InfidelYak

LJ Feb 26...nada

Trying to actually post more. A buddy and I launched out of LJ around 0640. huge cloud coverage, sprinkling and the waves were gnarly. All good signs of a good fishing day ahead!

After a sketchy launch, we paddled out right past the reserve and started attempting to make bait. my buddy hooked up with a full sabiki of macks. a little big but he dropped one down to troll anyway. i hooked up with 1 single mack, that was just too big for my own taste and couldn't accept that for bait... those were the only fish caught all day hahaha

the swells started to pick up, the rain never really stopped and the fishing wasn't good enough to stay out.

off the water by 1000.
InfidelYak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2017, 09:43 PM   #2
Phishphood

Ay at least you got out. So bait has been pretty easy just past the reserve? I'm thinking of hitting it Thursday maybe

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Phishphood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2017, 07:11 AM   #3
FullFlavorPike

Quote:
Originally Posted by InfidelYak View Post
i hooked up with 1 single mack, that was just too big for my own taste and couldn't accept that for bait.
Those big fat candy bars are awesome. They stay alive forever, even with a 10oz torpedo hanging off their faces.

Bummer 'bout the skunk though....
FullFlavorPike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2017, 10:41 AM   #4
SDROB
Malibu Stealth 12

I do prefer the smaller candy size baits too. The yellow's seem to engulf them practically hooking themselves.

However there are those times were I have only had big baits and they still seem to work just fine. I found that you have to wait about 5 or 6 seconds from the first strike and begin reeling in to let them swallow it whole.

I'm telling ya, you have to keep these suckers on a game clip until just before you drop them in the frying pan.(Rossman)
SDROB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2017, 12:21 PM   #5
chris138
donkey roper

Lately I've been throwing back any greenbacks under like 8". Mega-macks only! (unless you are fishing halibut)
chris138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2017, 02:27 PM   #6
FullFlavorPike

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris138 View Post
Lately I've been throwing back any greenbacks under like 8". Mega-macks only! (unless you are fishing halibut)
If they can float horizontal in the bait tank they're too small!
FullFlavorPike is offline   Reply With Quote