Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports

Old 03-05-2017, 08:23 AM   #1
jbl_91762

NPH 3/4 Skunked

On water at 8 off by noon. water cold at 58 and Steady 6-8mph winds all morning didn't help. Paddled out to buoy to try and make bait and it took well over 40 mins locating any. When I finally did, wind picked up and kept pushing back into the breakwall. Got frustrated with wind so drifted all the way back in to harbor to try luck there. Hooked another mac on squid. Just one of those days, felt good to be out there with only one other yak who also got skunked. That's fishing, but I think I'll wait till the fish are really biting when the weather warms up.
jbl_91762 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2017, 09:20 AM   #2
OCPhisher

Also fished NPH yesterday with my son. Water was cold. Didnt register above 59.5 all morning. Tried for rockfish in our usual spots (180-190') but only got short bites. Was using larger hooks anticipating larger models. Finally got some takers in 230'-250'. Caught 8 between two of us.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk
OCPhisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2017, 12:13 PM   #3
jbl_91762

Quote:
Originally Posted by OCPhisher View Post
Also fished NPH yesterday with my son. Water was cold. Didnt register above 59.5 all morning. Tried for rockfish in our usual spots (180-190') but only got short bites. Was using larger hooks anticipating larger models. Finally got some takers in 230'-250'. Caught 8 between two of us.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk
Yo, your the guys I was talking about out there lol. I believe we were loading up the yaks at the same time. I'll say hi next time and maybe you can teach me how to catch those tasty morsels next time!
jbl_91762 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2017, 04:46 PM   #4
OCPhisher

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbl_91762 View Post
Yo, your the guys I was talking about out there lol. I believe we were loading up the yaks at the same time. I'll say hi next time and maybe you can teach me how to catch those tasty morsels next time!

Definitely. Always great to meet fellow BWE-ers out there.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
OCPhisher is offline   Reply With Quote