Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-11-2019, 01:43 PM   #1
rhyak

2019 Central Coast Opening Week

Andy and I headed north of San Simeon into Big Sur just after the 2019 Central Coast Rockfish opener and hopes were to target jumbo rockfish and big lingcod on the Central Coast. We were able to dodge a couple of waves and paddled out to some deep water on our fishing kayaks and fill the tanks with heavy vermillion rockfish and caught and released a bunch of Lingcod. The limit for Lingcod was reduced to 1 for 2019 here on the Central Coast, so a lot of Catch and release was happening but that was fine.

Started the morning tossing the 6 and a half inch Big Hammer Swimbait in Halloween which is one of my favorite color swimbaits for rockfish and lingcod, reminds me of those pesky gopher rockfish that I think these lingcod just love. Also had a 5inch white glow swimbait on the top hook. Switched it up to a Lingcod jig halfway through the day and was still having a steady pick for sure. Easy limit and back to shore just after lunchtime.

surf was up a little bit making things a little bit sketchy coming in between big boulders but we somehow managed. I will let the video and pictures do the rest of the talking.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4SuDFQE3B5Y
Attached Images

rhyak is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
central coast, kayak fishing, rockfishing