Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Buy, Sell, or Trade Kayak Fishing Gear
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-31-2010, 04:11 PM   #1
steveooo

Cleaning House

Cleaning house. Some of the stuff is pretty random, there are some gems of nice items, some of it is junk, but one man’s trash is another man’s treasure- right? Either way, Its stuff I don’t use anymore and its just taking up space…

I think the prices should be pretty fair, so please don’t lowball. Whatever is left at the end of the month I’ll blow out at clearance prices or chuck. Also keep in mind that I’m located in Brea, and I don’t really want to drive much to deliver a $2 item. If you are driving a ways to pick up something, make it worth your while and buy a bunch of stuff!

I’m in Brea, but will go down to San Diego/ La Jolla on August 7th around 10am-ish to bring down any gear the SD guys want. Other than that, like I said, I’d prefer to meet close to mi casa.

Here is the stuff, I’m sure the list will grow as I keep cleaning.

Call or e-mail for questions or more info. I’m putting this up on two boards, so first come first serve.

Steve
626-665-4657
fish4steve@gmail.com

Danuu Kayak cover- $45 SOLD!
Fits 15’ -18 ‘, but would be fine for smaller yaks. I literally used it for 1 week, then put it in storage, so it is in almost perfect condition. Folds into itself, and the bag doubles as a red safety flag. Good to protect kayak from sun damage if you store it outside or keep it on your car. Straps to cinch cover tight. Retails for $144 on this site.

The Cover

In the Bag
:p>:p>

Broken Hummingbird 565- $5 SOLD!
The power cable corroded at the head, so with some creative wiring you could probably get it working again. No power cable or transducer included. Or, I think Hummingbird has a $75 blanket repair/replace policy. If you send it in, the most you would be out is $75- Not a bad deal for this unit.

Used Pier Gaff with rope- $3

4’ Kryptonite Cable Lock- $5 SOLD!
Keep your yak from being stolen

3’ Fishing Net- $3 SOLD!
16” Diameter? Never Used.

Ram Balls for Scotty Mounts- $4 for the Pair SOLD!
Little Goop residue on them that will easily come off

Attwood Pump- $15 SOLD!
Tsunami, Through Hull. Brand New, Never installed or used. Comes with Barbed outlet hose fitting

Hobie seat- $25
Never Used ’09 model, off of an Adventure, but will fit any Hobie. Good to keep as a spare

Old School Jim Sammons Fiberglass Bait Tank- $40 SOLD!
Needs pump that will cost around $20. Cool tank, practically a collectors item now. I added a variable timer switch from Bass Pro. Has a molded in spot for battery storage. Comes with rodholders. A very well built tank.

The wires, switch and timer

Bait Tank- $12 SOLD!
Pump is brand New ( Never Run, Never Been in Water). Bucket and crate included too. Good entry level tank. Maybe buy it and throw the pump on the Sammons tank to make a bitchen tank.

Dive Booties- $8 SOLD!
Never Used, Bought one yr ago, but they are too small for my size 12’s inside my waders. Size 13, perfect for size 11 feet inside waders, or size 13 feet bare. Protect your waders from rips & tears, keep your feet warmer in the winter.

Plastic Ammo Box- $2
Appx 12” X 12” X 5”

Dive Knife- $5 SOLD!
Used, but in decent condition. Rust will come off easily. Proven shark killer

NRS Farmer John Wetsuit- $15 SOLD!
Size XL, used less than 10 times. Good for a base layer in the winter to keep you warm. Zipper for peeing.

New Pier Gaff, No Rope- $3

Beer/Bait Fridge $45
Used for appx 6 months, then put in storage for a year. Sticker will come off easily. Great Condition, Works great.

Inflatable Seat Pad- $4 SOLD!
Make your butt happy. Thermarest brand. No Leaks, has nylon cover.

Garmin Dual Frequency Transducer- $3 SOLD!
A steal if it actually fits your unit. I had it on a Garmin GPSMAP 298. Check to see if it fits yours… Jim Day?

Kayak Anchor- $5 SOLD!
Never Used. Comes with rope and carrying case.

10 AA Battery tray- $1
I had the idea to do a lightweight battery tray using 10 rechargable AA’s. 10 AA’s @ 1.2 V = 12V. Weighs only a few oz. I still think it’s a good idea, but I have too many projects.

X-tra Tuff Deck Boots- $20
Size 10, Worn on 2 Tuna trips, too small for me. Almost new condition, except for the blood stains. I’d leave the blood stains on as good luck charms.

Camera Leash- $3 SOLD!
Don’t lose your camera anymore. Screws into standard camera threading

Used Tuna Belt- $1 SOLD!

Good as a spare- some blood stains

Shimano Leader Spool- $1 SOLD!
Keeps 3 Spools of Flouro Organized. Plastic Divider inside

Hatch- $5 SOLD!
Great condition- Looks new, but its not. Has removable insert. 11” total, 8.5” opening

30’ Kryptonite Cable- $10 SOLD!
Yup, 30 feet long. Keep your yak or like 20 yaks, or whatever from being stolen. I might have the key for the lock, otherwise, I’ll cut it off for you.

Hobie Gear Retractor- $1 SOLD!
Quit losing your pliers

Misc Rigging Accessories- $5 SOLD!

Includes Extra hobie mirage drive chain, 4 Buckles, about 10 ft of webbing, Hobie std fins and rudder, scupper plugs, Drain plug, rod leash attachments, tubing, bungee, pliers sheath…

Uniden MHS350 Submersible VHF Radio- $45 SOLD!
Works good, not great cosmetically. Includes (2) 1100mah batteries, charger, leash and clip. Waterproof. Good unit to keep as a back-up, loaner, or as you main unit.

Igloo 120qt Cooler- $35 SOLD!
Keeps Ice for 5 days. Decent condition.

15 million Candle Power Spotlight- $5 SOLD!
I originally bought it with the idea of being able to get a good squid float going. Never used it and it has been sitting in the garage for 2 years. Has 12v car charger, missing the wall charger. You probably have one that will work sitting around the house. I did, but its for something I am going to keep. Works and has/keeps a charge.

Variety Pack- $10
4 light squid jigs, rod holder, 2 lindey rig holders (perfect for storing sabiki’s), a humminbird remote wrist watch fish finder (needs battery, but works), and the best Homer Simpson Lure on the market

Paddle/Gaff/Rod Leash- $1 SOLD!

Dry Bag- $2 SOLD!
15 Liter

Fiskars Spectra Snips- $2

Tackle Box- $1
I don’t think I’ve ever used it.

10 Rods- $50
Probably about half junk. Keep the decent ones for yourself, use the junkers as loaners.
Includes a Turners Californian 8-17lb (lifetime warranty), A penn saber 8’ jig-stick, fenwick pacificstick, sabre golden, a couple of uglysticks, a couple quantam packrods, and the list gets worse from there. Will not separate.

Grab Bag Of 10 Reels. - $35
Mostly junk, but they all work. The highlight of this package is probably the Cardinal with new 15lb on it? May be good to save for the Bass Pro Shops Reel trade in Event…

Shimano 4500 Baitrunner reel & Rod- $45 SOLD!
Decent Condition, comes with uglystick rod. Used only 2 times since last professional service.

Old hand-me down Tackle Box $1
Comes with what you see.

12V Batteries and charger SOLD!
$5 a piece for the 7.5Ah, $7 for the 10Ah (New, never used), $10 for the charger SOLD!
$25 for everything. SOLD!

Dam Waders- $10 SOLD!
Used for 1 season. Size L

Game Clip- $2 SOLD!

3 Penn 500’s (Jigmasters) SOLD! and a Long Beach Special 68.
3 Jigmasters SOLD! Still have the LB Special- Its like a GIANT Jigmaster...
$25 a piece for the Jigmasters, $15 for the LBC Special.

Kayak Rollers- $25 for the Pair SOLD!
I spent over $60 on this pair @ BPS with the plans of making a rack on the side of my yard to store both yaks. Sold one yak, so I don’t need ‘em. Never used. Good Brand, Smoking deal. Stoltz- Google it.

Bulk Line $6 for all
Includes 40lb Big Game, 30lb Izorline, cheapo 30lb spectra, and some 8 lb southbend

That’s it for now. I’ll update as often as I can.

Steve

Last edited by steveooo; 08-01-2010 at 03:34 PM.
steveooo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2010, 04:31 PM   #2
rob and brittany
Junior

hello i am intrested in some of your equipment please call robert at 951 261 3670
rob and brittany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2010, 04:37 PM   #3
Aaron

I will take:

Dive boots - $8
All of the battery stuff - $25
Hobie gear rectractor - $1
Dive Knife - $5
Game clip - $2

Total - $41

I'll give you a ring right now!
Aaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2010, 05:01 PM   #4
bigbarrels

is it the cable that is corroded on the FF or the where the cable plugs into the FF? I have the cables to the transducer and power source and will take it if you think it would fire up
bigbarrels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2010, 05:06 PM   #5
steveooo

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbarrels View Post
is it the cable that is corroded on the FF or the where the cable plugs into the FF? I have the cables to the transducer and power source and will take it if you think it would fire up
I dont know. It was corroded at the connector. I cut my power cable and hardwired it to the connectors with some goop. It probably would fire up with a little tinkering.
Old 07-31-2010, 05:10 PM   #6
bigbarrels

I'll take the FF and do some investgating.....going for a MTB ride in the AM manana and so could I pick up in the afternoon some time?
bigbarrels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2010, 05:21 PM   #7
steveooo

Quote:
I'll take the FF and do some investgating.....going for a MTB ride in the AM manana and so could I pick up in the afternoon some time?
Ya, thats fine. You know I'm up in OC right?
Old 07-31-2010, 05:24 PM   #8
Nic D

I'll take the grab bag of misc. rigging parts if its still available.

I travel your direction for work. Im down here in north county all next week then up your direction the next. Im n no rush to get the stuff, just want it.
Nic D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2010, 05:54 PM   #9
Aaron

Steve,
you're paid, thanks!
Aaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2010, 06:09 PM   #10
steveooo

Its your Nic. No rush here either. Call me to let me know when you think you can come by.
626-665-4657

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tamarack Studios View Post
I'll take the grab bag of misc. rigging parts if its still available.

I travel your direction for work. Im down here in north county all next week then up your direction the next. Im n no rush to get the stuff, just want it.
Old 07-31-2010, 06:10 PM   #11
steveooo

Its yours. Call me when you think you'll be able to come by
Steve

Quote:
Old 07-31-2010, 07:07 PM   #12
eDUBz

Pm sent.

Let me know thank's
eDUBz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2010, 07:26 PM   #13
old_rookie

Would like the VHF radio if you still have it. Sending PM.
old_rookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2010, 07:48 PM   #14
theluckypig

pm sent
theluckypig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2010, 08:56 PM   #15
Fiskadoro

Wow!!

I'll take the:

Ram Balls for Scotty Mounts- $4 Garmin Dual Frequency Transducer- $3 Camera Leash- $3 Shimano Leader Spool- $1 Hatch- $5...

I'll also take the Golden Sabre for a reasonable price if your willing to separate the rods...

Great deals to be sure..

Jim
Fiskadoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2010, 09:20 PM   #16
steveooo

James already called dibs on the ram mounts. The rest is yours. Call me or shoot me an e-mail to arrange a time/day for pickup.
Thx,
Steve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Day View Post
Wow!!

I'll take the:

Ram Balls for Scotty Mounts- $4 Garmin Dual Frequency Transducer- $3 Camera Leash- $3 Shimano Leader Spool- $1 Hatch- $5...

I'll also take the Golden Sabre for a reasonable price if your willing to separate the rods...

Great deals to be sure..

Jim
Old 08-01-2010, 06:43 AM   #17
Holy Mackerel
Señor member

SH*T, wish I would have seen this earlier for the dual freq. transducer.
Holy Mackerel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 07:03 AM   #18
roadx

DAMN.DAMN....DAMN.........!!!!!! i could have used alot of that stuff DAMN!!!!!!!!!!!!

i'll take the NRS Farmer John Wetsuit- $15, Dry Bag- $2, 15 million Candle Power Spotlight- $5 if available

i know you said no breaking up rods but.... if you change your mind let us know

Last edited by roadx; 08-01-2010 at 08:45 AM.
roadx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 08:19 AM   #19
Nic D

if the cooler falls through, I'll claim second in line.
Nic D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 11:44 AM   #20
Lets_Fish

pm sent on 10 rods.
Lets_Fish is offline   Reply With Quote