Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-28-2014, 09:00 AM   #1
Schmalzy88

New to the forum and kayak fishing HELP!!lol

Hey guys!
I'm new to the forum and been doing some kayak fishing from rentals. Recently invested in a Sundolphin Aruba 10 and looking to break it in after the storm. Any advise to a newb would be appreciated. Been gettin short halibut and sandies mostly but I'm down to get anything worth catching! Got some rod holders on order to make it more trolling friendly. Hoping to get Into some fatties soon.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (67.7 KB, 221 views)
Schmalzy88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 09:02 AM   #2
Schmalzy88

Little guy

16 inch halibut
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (41.3 KB, 219 views)
Old 02-28-2014, 09:36 AM   #3
addicted2sp33d
Here fishy fishy fishy...

Welcome to the Party!

This might be a little late, but I would have recommended you get a SOT instead.

If you're planning to fish the Big Blue using the kayak you-have, I would highly recommend getting a skirt for your kayak, or get a good hand pump... it's a long swim back.
addicted2sp33d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 10:20 AM   #4
William Novotny
The carpetbagger

Quote:
Originally Posted by addicted2sp33d View Post
Welcome to the Party!

This might be a little late, but I would have recommended you get a SOT instead.

If you're planning to fish the Big Blue using the kayak you-have, I would highly recommend getting a skirt for your kayak, or get a good hand pump... it's a long swim back.
X2 I'll second that. You will want to get a s.o.t. yak if you decide this is your new passion, but I'd keep the sit inside for 2 reasons. One is that it's always nice to have a loaner if you want to take a buddy or your girl out, and 2, there are many fresh water lakes with awesome fishing that only allow sit inside kayaks. Would be nice to have yak access to those fisheries. Welcome aboard

http://www.badinfluencetattoo.com/gallery.php?artist=21
William Novotny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 10:59 AM   #5
Schmalzy88

The price was right

Hey thanks for the feedback. I was leaning more towards the SOT but everything I looked at in my price range was a piece of junk. I got the sun dolphin brand new for under $200. I am defiantly goin to look into a skirt and or pump as suggested. Perhaps I can upgrade to a nice SOT soon.
Old 02-28-2014, 02:10 PM   #6
Schmalzy88

spray skirt

any recommendations on a skirt that will enable me to access my gear that will be stored in the hull?
Old 03-01-2014, 08:47 AM   #7
Big T
Member, You Member!

Quote:
Originally Posted by William Novotny View Post
X2 I'll second that. You will want to get a s.o.t. yak if you decide this is your new passion, but I'd keep the sit inside for 2 reasons. One is that it's always nice to have a loaner if you want to take a buddy or your girl out, and 2, there are many fresh water lakes with awesome fishing that only allow sit inside kayaks. Would be nice to have yak access to those fisheries. Welcome aboard
Fresh... water... ? I don't get it. Like water without salt?? Booo.

First suggestion Schmalzy... There are new cameras out there (not cheap) that take vertical pics if so desired. Those sideways ones are so 2001
Big T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2014, 09:35 PM   #8
Schmalzy88

pics

it was vertical...uploaded from my iphone not sure what happened
Old 03-02-2014, 06:07 AM   #9
87yota4runner

Haha i jave the same problem when i upload my photos using an iphone. I think its because the pics were taken in landscape mode.
Old 03-02-2014, 08:15 AM   #10
William Novotny
The carpetbagger

You need to download an app called I photo image resolver. Once you have the app, take your picture, pull it up in the image resolver app, set your iphone against a flat hard surface and hit it with a hammer. Then go get an android

http://www.badinfluencetattoo.com/gallery.php?artist=21
William Novotny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 10:43 AM   #11
Big T
Member, You Member!

Quote:
Originally Posted by William Novotny View Post
You need to download an app called I photo image resolver. Once you have the app, take your picture, pull it up in the image resolver app, set your iphone against a flat hard surface and hit it with a hammer. Then go get an android
Werd.
Big T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 05:22 PM   #12
Schmalzy88

oh wow!!

its that easy huh?! will a 9mm round result in higher speed upload than the hammer??
Old 03-02-2014, 05:30 PM   #13
CR Yaker

My first and most important suggestion is to always wear a PFD. It's a life saver. Don't see you with one on? Must be posing from shore?
CR Yaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 05:33 PM   #14
87yota4runner

I just downloaded the tapatalk app and it works great for posting pics in threads but doesn't seem to have a spot for profile pics.
Old 03-02-2014, 05:48 PM   #15
Schmalzy88

pfd

those pics were on rentals in the hb harbor. the pfd was right behind me under the bungie. i got one for my new kayak and plan on wearing it whenever i'm out. thanks for the heads up. @87 im probably going to download the app. just sent a pic to my computer to upload a "innovations" post

Last edited by Schmalzy88; 03-02-2014 at 06:36 PM.
Old 03-02-2014, 06:20 PM   #16
87yota4runner

Cool ill check it out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk