Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-31-2014, 02:27 PM   #1
ol'skool

Irvine Lake Friday Report

Don't bother! Got there at O' Dark thirty and it was packed! Didn't get through the gate until almost 0730. Lots of fish on the finder but no takers all day; me and a buddy trolled everything in the tackle boxes, soaked bait, and pitched everything at them we could. Most of the fish were stacked up between rocky point and red clay cliffs but we trolled everywhere w/o one bite. Not one person we saw or spoke with had pulled in a trout all day. A few catfish were caught and my buddy managed a 2lb bass; I missed being skunked by one goldfish sized bass pitchin a chartreuse and yellow shad rip at the cliffs. The water was toasty warm everywhere in the lake from 70-72 degrees; my guess is that the water temp was way too warm yet. There lots of big marks on the FF so it ought to be great once the water chills but for now...don't waste your time or money.
ol'skool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2014, 02:29 PM   #2
ol'skool

Oh yeah, and the water level was W
A
Y

L
O
W
Old 10-31-2014, 02:40 PM   #3
Silbaugh4liberty
Fishing Patriot

Drove by there today on my way to check out an old generator that the Orange County sheriff department is looking to replace in Silverado canyon, and saw it was pretty low. I haven't planned on fishing there since I've had no good experience there. Salt water only for me. I'll leave fresh water fishing for when I go visit the family in Ohio! Thanks for the report

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
Old 10-31-2014, 05:52 PM   #4
kfc_rr
Junior

Thx ol'skool for the heads up, I still will give it a try this weekend.
kfc_rr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2014, 07:32 PM   #5
ol'skool

Best of luck kfc_rr, I hope you nail 'em! Let me know if you find something that entices them...I ran out of tricks.
Old 11-01-2014, 07:58 AM   #6
l2exllen

I was out there yesterday on my float tube with my buddy we showed up late because he didn't want to wake up but it didn't matter because most of my fish were caught between 11am-2pm. Fishing was tough you had to work for your fish. Although the water was fairly warm surprisingly all the fish I caught were in under 10ft of water. Orange and chart was the ticket dipped in Bite On Roe. All the fish were quality size. Good luck out there.

Name:  GOPR1698.jpg
Views: 1095
Size:  47.5 KB
l2exllen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2014, 08:19 AM   #7
ol'skool

Dang! The one guy I didn't talk with out there yesterday...LOL. Great catch l2exellen! I trolled orange & chartreuse quite a bit but sounds like Bite On Roe made the difference...way to go!
Old 11-02-2014, 02:09 PM   #8
kfc_rr
Junior

Quote:
Originally Posted by ol'skool View Post
Best of luck kfc_rr, I hope you nail 'em! Let me know if you find something that entices them...I ran out of tricks.
Went to Lake Irvine to fish for bass and got skunked. I don't have my fishfinder but don't think that would of helped me today. Tough, lots of yaks, tubes and boats having a good time, all in all many were saying tough day. Looked like everyone was fishing hard. Every so often trout would break water at the points where the large cove cuts from the main lake. I well try again, I was in a camo Wilderness Ride 115x. See you guys soon
Old 11-02-2014, 02:22 PM   #9
T-Rex

I drove by Irvine Lake today (Sunday 11/2) and the water's really low. Rain didn't even make a dent.
Old 11-02-2014, 02:54 PM   #10
ol'skool

Bummer kfc rr, I was hopin' your luck was better than mine. Maybe the water will cool some and things pick up later in November; I plan on goin' out over the Thanksgiving weekend and try it again. In the meantime it's back into the salty stuff for me!
Old 11-10-2014, 02:40 PM   #11
kfc_rr
Junior

Quote:
Originally Posted by ol'skool View Post
Bummer kfc rr, I was hopin' your luck was better than mine. Maybe the water will cool some and things pick up later in November; I plan on goin' out over the Thanksgiving weekend and try it again. In the meantime it's back into the salty stuff for me!
I'm gonna try this weekend (Saturday) to find the elusive Monster bass (thinking throwing hudds, trip trouts, rats etc) I may need an ice pack after throwing all that lumber