Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports

Old 08-25-2005, 08:06 PM   #1
Chris

La Jolla PM shift 8-25-05

Hit La Jolla today at 5:15pm, minimal surf, no wind, fairly glassy. Lots of tourist on shore, and in the water, probably pestering the leopard sharks. The inside seemed brownish, but once outside, it was a dull green. Tried out my new holy mackerel bait tube I made out of PVC. Works great!!! Honestly, I'd almost rather use it over a live well. I could fit about 5 baits in it, and they did pop out as mentioned by Mad Scientist, like a Pez dispenser, no reaching and grabbing, and slipping. Also, minimal drag, and no noise! If you havent made one, do so ASAP. Thanks for the tip Iceman.

Back to fishing. Current was slow, not as ripping as previous days. Trolled a single Spanish on the top around the corner for nada. Saw some bait popping, but nothing that seemed desperately pushed up. No breazing yellows. Really slow. Pretty much all quiet on the La Jolla front. Launded around 8PM. Talked to Paul from NY who reported nada. Well, not much to report, good luck to everyone in the Moyer Memorial tournament, a most worthy cause. 8)

Caught this sunset on the way in...

TL,

Chris
Old 08-26-2005, 10:57 AM   #2
silverbullet
Crusty Member

Send a message via Yahoo to silverbullet
Is there a post for how to make the tube???

That sounds neat...

Bobby
silverbullet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2005, 11:15 AM   #3
Chris

Here is one by Andy:

Quote:
I have been playing around with this and am pretty happy with how it works. I think my trolling plugs create more drag. The first time I put 5 spanish in it and they held up really well. The next couple of times I put 2 greenbacks in it. Used one and after 3 hours freeing the second one, it shot out of it like a bullet. Pretty simple, 2 inch pvc, endcaps with 3/8 holes drilled. The end caps fit really snug, so I sanded the 3 inches at the end of the pvc for the end I would be taking off. I like it simple.

this one from Pnvay, http://www.plasticnavy.com/bait-tube.htm