Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-16-2017, 05:47 PM   #1
DiabloDan
Junior

Location: any body of water with fish in it and kayaks are allowed
Recommendations for Handheld Marine VHF Radio

Looking to get a Handheld VHF Radio for mostly emergency traffic, but also breif " hellos" with all of you in the deep blue. Looking for a long lasting radio (quality) that won't break the bank. And, where to go for the best deal on said radios?

Your suggestions?
DiabloDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2017, 08:10 PM   #2
FISH11

#1 get one on sale at West Marine, #2 is get one that has a stronger belt clip and not those cheap ass push in all plastic belt clips. #3 get one that floats and if you can afford it get one with built it GPS. I have had two break were the belt clip attached at the Radio, first one I took back to West Marine and they gave me another. The second one (same model) broke at the clip mount and disappeared in the surf while I was just getting up off the kayak in 2 feet of water and a wave hit me. Next thing I'm looking at my PFD and going WTF?. Now I make sure that the short hand leash is also tied to one of the rings on the PFD.