Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-08-2006, 04:52 PM   #1
Croaker Dave

Tacoma Gets Rolled in the Surf

Heh, did you see the new Toyota Tacoma commercial? A guy parks his Tacoma on the sand at "Bird Cove", unloads his yak, and heads off into the rocky surf leaving the Tacome on the beach. While he's gone the tide rises, floats the truck out into the surf, it gets buried by waves and rolled aa few times, then the tide goes out and leaves the truck upright on the sand. Kayer returns, loads up, and drives off like nothing happened.

Pretty funny.

So next time you see a Tacoma get stuck in the surfline at La Jolla, maybe don't waste your valuable energy trying to push the guy out. Just tell him to wait for low tide. :roll:
Croaker Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2006, 06:44 PM   #2
aguachico

Cool; like the one where the crazy chica rolls the Tacoma off the cliff and it lands on it's wheels. Sweet. I should try it with my FORD!
aguachico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2006, 03:17 PM   #3
Ryan The Sealion

Re: Tacoma Gets Rolled in the Surf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Croaker Dave

So next time you see a Tacoma get stuck in the surfline at La Jolla, maybe don't waste your valuable energy trying to push the guy out. Just tell him to wait for low tide. :roll:
I got stuck twice last year :x :lol: In my Z and my truck..thanx to steve for pulling me out w/ his 4x4 expo and I think andy and a few others helped dig me out the other time :lol:
Ryan The Sealion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2006, 03:29 PM   #4
bluesquids

That commercial was actually filmed in front of a NorCal YakFishermans house. Must be nice. Scroll down the thread a couple for a link to the spot. http://www.norcalkayakanglers.com/bb...p?topic=2866.0
Old 05-09-2006, 07:31 PM   #5
Piranha

Send a message via AIM to Piranha Send a message via Yahoo to Piranha
Tacoma commercial!

Actually that commercial has been out quite awhile. It was screened during the super bowl.