Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-03-2008, 12:58 PM   #1
Dennis

X-13?

Any feedback from the guys/gals who have one?
Thanks, D
Old 04-03-2008, 01:08 PM   #2
45king

updates to come. Should be getting mine any day now. Getting some mods at oex sunset. Andy has his hands full right now.
45king is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008, 07:10 PM   #3
Iceman
Administrator

Danny supposed to get your cuda 250 manana.....I'll do it Monday...sold my 6th, a red one, today

Dennis, I hurried up and rigged mine for the weekend trip.....hope to catch the first monster on one. I did a quick paddle with mine and put my 10 year old in the gator, with 1/2 inch of water in the footwells it was still very stable.....it paddles REAL easy and seems to really get up and go when you romp on it. This is MY kayak!
Old 04-03-2008, 07:48 PM   #4
Donfish

ya gonna let me demo it this weekend?
Donfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008, 08:05 PM   #5
Dennis

Thanks for the reply.

Andy, can't wait to see what you pull on that thing this weekend.

I'd like to take it out to La Jolla, and demo it. Is OEX in La Jolla going to have it to demo?
Old 04-07-2008, 12:53 PM   #6
Iceman
Administrator

Dennis, no demo yaks at LJ, maybe Pt Loma. I really liked the way the new ride handled the rough conditions we encountered on Saturday.......no big fish.......yet

Old 04-07-2008, 12:57 PM   #7
Tman
BRTF...bought & paid...

Dang Andy, wasted no time rigging it up I see...did it stay dry even with the chop is what we want to know...

Tman
Gaffer for Clay the Fishcatcher
Tman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2008, 02:45 PM   #8
45king

cool Andy. Let me know when its all rigged. I was gonna call you today,but figured you would be tired from your venture this last weekend.
45king is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2008, 03:11 PM   #9
tylerdurden
Bad Clone

I paddled Andy's for 5 minutes in the harbor at Cat this weekend. It paddled great. There were some good rigging options, but I don't like the new front hatch design.

Let the Fish and Game Commission know what you think about the proposed maps.

Be ready for December 9th and 10th.

tylerdurden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2008, 06:56 PM   #10
Dennis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman View Post
Dennis, no demo yaks at LJ, maybe Pt Loma. I really liked the way the new ride handled the rough conditions we encountered on Saturday.......no big fish.......yet
Thanks, Andy. The new ride looks slick. Bummer about not having one at the LJ shop. I'd like to test it in the surf and the "corner".
-D
Old 04-07-2008, 09:06 PM   #11
JrBasser

so when you cut out the small hatch inside the front "compartment" to be able to store your rods in big surf, what happens when u flip? the water will run in the scupper hole, filling up the compartment into the kayak through the hatch.
JrBasser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008, 09:03 AM   #12
Siebler

Brett you can put TrimLock on the hatch to create a seal just like any otehr bow hatch.

Nice boat Andy, got the color youw anted now start painting. I think Im going to need a Sand colored one as well. I like the way the 6" hatch is on the rear deck, I said at the show that I would do the same thing instead of a 4". I really need to get ours out soon and paddle it.

Siebler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 07:25 PM   #13
speedydk

Send a message via Yahoo to speedydk
x-13?

I love my yeller one! Big thanks to Andy and co. at the Sunset OEX and also to the good folks at Malibu for getting it to me in time for my spring break camping trip with the kids at Doheny State Beach. I only took it out once but I launched it with me and my 5yr. old son from the beach and had no problems, surf wasn't big but the water was choppy last tuesday. I am a complete amateur when it comes to open water but I didn't have any problem getting us to the harbor and once there we played a little game of "I'm 'gonna tip you over" we both rocked the boat but never scared either of us so I would say stability is fine. I also ditto Andy on his observations of speed when cranking up the pace this yak just seems to just get faster the harder you paddlenot so with my Mini x! Love my X-13! Andy, where did you put your battery I stuck mine in the fish hold temporarily but obviously its not the place for it! Again thanks Andy I looooove this yak!
Darren
speedydk is offline   Reply With Quote