Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports

Old 07-27-2019, 08:48 AM   #1
DragginPanda
Junior

Alamitos Bay-27th

I showed up around 6 and had my pick of parking. I launched with from the roller rink area with another kayaker. He went to the bridge by 2nd Street and I went down towards the jetty.

I ran into another kayaker and he had a presun spotfin bite. He was working the back of the personal boat slips in the shade. I believe he was using a drop shot and grub. Cool guy and very helpful.

Some guys were fishing along the Treasure Island Streets. Treasure Island is one of the names for the canals/houses along the bay. They were working in the shade and bringing in the calicos and spotties. The four that I saw were in the 10 inch range.

I played in the sholes and buoys for perch. I haven’t been out in about 2 years because my wife had surgery, so I was just playing it safe. I showed the rust as I lost a knife overboard and my seat was so loose that I was basically laying down and paddling unless I sat upright. I landed and tightened the seat so tight that it wouldn’t curve to my back.

Overall, water was like glass and amazingly beautiful. I’m happy to be out again. I have summer off, so my schedule is open. I’ll probably catch the 3/4 boat Victory on Wednesday while I figure out my bilge pump. The pump would go on.

The staff
DragginPanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2019, 03:30 PM   #2
Entropy
Junior

Nice!

Nothing like being out in the water, even if fishing is slow.
Entropy is offline   Reply With Quote