Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-07-2007, 12:58 PM   #1
Bassact

Bigfish Bonanza

Do any of you plan to fish this? See rules & Sign up here. http://www.plasticnavy.com/paypal.html

Paul
Bassact is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2007, 01:02 PM   #2
Lit-up1

Only if I can do both
Old 07-09-2007, 05:26 PM   #3
Bassact

ONLY 7 ANGLERS? Looks like it might be canceled. If so, It will be the first time in PN history an event was canceled for non support!

Paul
Bassact is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 06:42 AM   #4
madscientist

Not sure if I'll be in town that weekend.
Old 07-10-2007, 08:00 AM   #5
SHARK BAIT

I SIGNED UP FOR THE BIG FISH SIDE AND MY NAME SHOWS UP ON THE BASS SIDE, WHATS UP WITH THAT? I E-MAILED THEM BACK LAST NIGHT AND AM WAITING ON A REPLY. SO IF YOU SIGNED UP CHECK WERE YOUR NAME SHOWS UP ON THE LIST. SEE YA AT LJ ON SAT.
SHARK BAIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 09:15 AM   #6
FISHIONADO

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHARK BAIT View Post
I SIGNED UP FOR THE BIG FISH SIDE AND MY NAME SHOWS UP ON THE BASS SIDE, WHATS UP WITH THAT? I E-MAILED THEM BACK LAST NIGHT AND AM WAITING ON A REPLY. SO IF YOU SIGNED UP CHECK WERE YOUR NAME SHOWS UP ON THE LIST. SEE YA AT LJ ON SAT.
Same here. I saw all those big fish dudes signed up for the little fish and thought I might have a chance.
FISHIONADO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 01:23 PM   #7
Drew

Unfortunately....

Regretfully we have to cancel the big fish division for Saturday's event. This is due to a near complete lack of participation with fewer than 10 anglers signed up at this time.

We will, however, sponsor a big fish "winner take all" jackpot event for those who are signed up currently if they do not wish to change course and fish the Bass division. Additionally, any walkups that want to fish the big fish division will be given this option as well and we will post this everywhere we can to let it be known as much as possible.

Personally I'm very sorry it's come to this but we can't, in good conscience, hold sponsors to their commitments of prizes when there are only 8 people competing for them. It's not fair to them and won't help promote the good relationships that we want for our sport.

OEX has stepped up and offered to contribute their prizes as promised for our Bass division and they will be on site at the party as well to show off some cool new stuff. We appreciate their support - Brent and his crew are a class act all the way. (Thanks guys!)

Again, I apologize for this - it's not something we like to do at all. Please join us this Saturday to fish the calicos and have some great barbecue where there will be NO MORE HAMBURGERS! Carne asada all the way.

We've got good volunteers but can always use more - if anyone wants to work a weigh boat with us we could use a pair of hands there. Otherwise all systems are set to roll - see you Saturday!

-Drew & Paul
Drew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 06:55 PM   #8
SHARK BAIT

SO
Old 07-10-2007, 06:57 PM   #9
SHARK BAIT

SO WERE THEIR ANY OTHER GUYS THAT HAD THE SAME PROBLEM THAT I HAD ?
Old 07-10-2007, 08:45 PM   #10
Drew

It's not a problem, check your email...
Drew is offline   Reply With Quote